Author Topic: Suggestion: Cover View  (Read 1947 times)

Suggestion: Cover View
« on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:59 am »
Ahoy there,

I'm new to the site and want to give you a suggestion. If there is something similiar planned or available already, please tell me.

It would be nice to have a bigger, cleaner cover view site for the collection.
Pretty much like this, to give you an input: http://gronkh.de/lets-play

Another nice feature would be a "fullscreen one cover view". It shows one cover for 5 seconds and then goes to the next one, like a digital picture frame.
Yeah, I know, it would cause traffic, but there are ways to keep it low with jQuery.

Edit:
Other things I've mentioned: Jump & Run is missing in the genre selectbox in my opinion.  :D The suggestlist doesn't work if you type '. e.g. "Disney's ..."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:36:05 am by radiant »

Re: Suggestion: Cover View
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 08:16:17 am »
Welcome to the site, Radiant, and thanks for the input!

There is a redesign coming in less than a month, which is looking pretty awesome.

The "cover view" you are talking about is already available, however.  If you look at this page:

http://vgcollect.com/shelf/radiant

You will see your collection just as you described.

I'm just guessing, but Jump & Run is probably what we would call "Platformer," based on my totally quick google research.

The suggestlist seems to work for me when I type Disney's.  Where did you have that issue?

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:50:54 am »
The "cover view" you are talking about is already available, however.  If you look at this page:
http://vgcollect.com/shelf/radiant
Pretty cool! Thank you very much!  ;D

I'm just guessing, but Jump & Run is probably what we would call "Platformer," based on my totally quick google research.
Ah, ok, I didn't see this. - These wrong anglicisms. ^^

About the suggestlist: I'm having this issue in Opera in Win7 & 8.
I'm typing disney' and when ' is typed, the suggestlist stops updating at further typed letters.

Thank you very much for your help.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »
That's not Opera's fault, that's a browser issue. It happens to me in Firefox.

Also depending on the game, some of them don't have the "Disney's" thing in the title, so please search for the title words without that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »
Cool!

scott

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 09:51:35 pm »
Haha! I totally forgot this existed!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:28:12 pm »

Don't get too attached to this right now. I don't think it's going to make it over on July 1st... :(

karyann

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 11:05:26 pm »

Don't get too attached to this right now. I don't think it's going to make it over on July 1st... :(

Aww, and here I was, about to post how cool that is and why wasn't I aware of this already  :P

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 03:42:35 am »

Aww, and here I was, about to post how cool that is and why wasn't I aware of this already  :P

This. I just found out about this and think it's really cool. I'll be sad to see it go. :'(
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 12:01:22 pm »
oh It'll be back!

It was more of an experiment when I first made it and as you can tell, never really integrated into the site.

I'll put it on the todo list for sometime after July. Right now there is sooo much on our plate getting ready for the new site.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 03:08:54 pm »
That sucks that it's leaving. I just discovered it, and I love it! I actually put it as my bookmark for this site.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 04:46:04 pm »
Ha!  Sorry, Matt: I didn't mean to be the catalyst for the pitchforks and torches!  Keep up the great work!