Author Topic: Game - Collections - Username List Suggestion  (Read 1561 times)

Game - Collections - Username List Suggestion
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:39:55 am »
So right now when viewing a game page, you can click the Collections tab to view all other users that currently have that game in their collection. My suggestion is to add the Cart/Disc, Case/Box, Manual and Other Inserts information check boxes to this as their own columns.

Current design:

Username                                                                             Added                                          Messege
Person 1                                                                                 Date                                              Button

Suggested design:

Username                       Added      Cart/Disc      Case/Box      Manual      Other Inserts      Messege
Person 1                           Date               X                   X                   X                    X                   Button
Person 2                           Date               X                   O                   X                   O                   Button
Person 2                           Date               X                   O                   O                   O                   Button

It would use the same checkbox graphic as the game info panel on the right side of screen when viewing your collection. Maybe take this one step further and allow these columns to be switched ascending/descending so you can find someone with something specific. Or add a toggle option to the user's profile to hide this information.

desocietas

Re: Game - Collections - Username List Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:53:01 pm »
So right now when viewing a game page, you can click the Collections tab to view all other users that currently have that game in their collection. My suggestion is to add the Cart/Disc, Case/Box, Manual and Other Inserts information check boxes to this as their own columns.

Current design:

Username                                                                             Added                                          Messege
Person 1                                                                                 Date                                              Button

Suggested design:

Username                       Added      Cart/Disc      Case/Box      Manual      Other Inserts      Messege
Person 1                           Date               X                   X                   X                    X                   Button
Person 2                           Date               X                   O                   X                   O                   Button
Person 2                           Date               X                   O                   O                   O                   Button

It would use the same checkbox graphic as the game info panel on the right side of screen when viewing your collection. Maybe take this one step further and allow these columns to be switched ascending/descending so you can find someone with something specific. Or add a toggle option to the user's profile to hide this information.

This is a pretty interesting idea for anyone who might have any extra components they want to offer folks.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »
this is vary good idea

matt

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:51:07 pm »
I like this idea and went ahead and added it to the Collections tab for testing:

http://vgcollect.com/item/5815

I think it looks good but it really highlights how few people actually list the details.

scott

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »
Here is a bug. I went to look at one of my castlevania games that I have multiples of, Aria of Sorrow to be exact.

I figured maybe it would list the item with the most checkmarks. But instead it lists none of the checks. Even though I have one CIB with everything checked, and 2 cart only with only cart checked.
http://vgcollect.com/item/2581
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
Here is a bug. I went to look at one of my castlevania games that I have multiples of, Aria of Sorrow to be exact.

I figured maybe it would list the item with the most checkmarks. But instead it lists none of the checks. Even though I have one CIB with everything checked, and 2 cart only with only cart checked.
http://vgcollect.com/item/2581

Oh man...good point. A few weeks back I updated those pages so it showed Collections and not Items...whoops. Hmm....

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »
I think it looks good but it really highlights how few people actually list the details.

I like the look, too.  It encourages me to make sure mine are up to date - hopefully it does for other users, too!

Hopefully the OP from July is still around :\ :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »
Okay I fixed it. The count will now show the unique number of users while the list will still show multiple copies.

scott

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:22:22 pm »
Sweet!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 05:01:27 am »
Looks pretty good.

Glad people liked the idea. :)

Thanks Matt for checking it out and thank you to the person who bumped the thread lol.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:06:44 am by Seikenfreak »

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:20:41 am »
Looks pretty good.

Glad people liked the idea. :)

Thanks Matt for checking it out and thank you to the person who bumped the thread lol.

Yay, you're still here!  Great suggestion!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas