Author Topic: What are your 2014 game collecting goals?  (Read 5086 times)

jcalder8

What are your 2014 game collecting goals?
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »
Here is my list from last year:
1. Hit 2300 games. I am currently at 2192 so that is very doable without going over board.Beat it by almost 1000 games and ended the year at 3278
2. BUY A DAMNED NEO GEO COLOR!!! This is the third year in a row that I have had this on my list and I have to get it this year Did this and bought more games!
3. Buy some Super Famicom games. I'm not sure why but I really want to start gathering games for this system. Hitting 15 of them would be nice, 20 even better though :D I finished the year at 23
4. Hit 500 Xbox 360 games! I'm at 476 so again this is within my grasp without having to break the bank. Once again I beat this by a sizable amount: 586
5. Hit 20 3DS games, only 5 away so if I can find a couple of cheap ones over the year I'll make it I made it to 37 thanks to trade in deals
6. A stretch goal would be to hit 300 DS games. I'm at about 250 so hitting 300 would take some really good deals but hopefully I can make it :) 362 at year's end, I just made it lol
7. Lastly I'll try and get 8 more Intellivision games to reach 50 of those. Shouldn't be too hard if I don't waste my money on other things. This was the only one I didn't hit. I made it to 46 and I tried to only shop locally but the prices were just too high :(

Goals for 2014:
1. Make it to 3400 total games. I'll probably hit 3500 too ;D
2. Buy my 600th 360 game. Only 14 more to go so that will be easy to finish
3. Get to 50 Intellivision games. Hopefully the locals will be better this year
4. Hit 400 DS games. With the 3DS still growing I think I won't have much of a problem finding cheap games.
5. Buy 7 more Neo Geo Pocket Color games to get to 10 total
6. Get to 100 SNES games. I am currently at 74 so with a bit of luck I'll be able to get there.

So what are your goals for this year?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: What are your 2014 game collecting goals?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:37:55 pm »
1. get the last 5 N64 games I WANT
2. at least Double my saturn games (13)
3. get a PS4
4. Finally organize and get pictures up of the game room

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:45:30 pm »
Get rid of a bunch of random stuff I don't play... That's about it. For now I'll keep some of the nicer pieces, like my Magnavox Odyssey, even though I don't use it... but a lot of stuff is probably gonna go out this year once I finally decide to post my stuff on Kijiji.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »
Get rid of a bunch of random stuff I don't play...
I can help you out with this ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:48:59 pm by jcalder8 »

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 11:47:41 pm »
1-Buy more CIB N64 games
2-More Neo Geo AES games
3-Support modern games more, mostly Wii U and 3DS
4-Build up import Saturn collection
5-Build up FM Towns collection

soera

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 12:06:58 am »
Lol I went back to the 2013 thread and this is what mine was :  my gaming goal is to get Suikoden II and Ni No Kuni. Thats it for now. Im not sure what will follow in the future.

Heh definitely accomplished that and then some. So this year is going to be a bit more in depth.

#1. First and foremost : Complete SMS set. Im pretty close already and I have some titles that were not released here as well (Bubble bobble, Forgotten worlds, Dragon crystal, Heroes of the lance, Dracula, etc). After all the stuff I have currently worked out and waiting on its arrival, Ill be down 11 games. Buster Douglas is definitely the kicker here. Not looking forward to that at all.

#2. 750 NES titles. Right now Im sitting around 715. I marked all the silly expensive ones off that I do not already own and that should hit me right where I want to be. Its a perfectly nice number and I would be absolutely satisfied not having those last ones.

#3. PS4. I plan to get one but I just do not know when. With titles like Diablo III Ultimate edition, Elder scrolls online, and Everquest next all being slated for PS4, my ability to not buy one is pretty slim. :)

#4. DS/3DS games. Im really enjoying this little thing. Ive never cared too much for portable systems but I feel differently about this one. Im hoping to find a lot more games to play on it. I have around 7-8 titles but I would like to be around 20 or so by the end of the year with all the main ones I want covered.

#5. PS3 controllers. I dont know what started me collecting them but it has happened. I now have 6 different colored official Sony ones (underlined in the following). **Per Wikipedia** The DualShock 3 has been made available in various colors: black, satin silver, ceramic white, classic white,[10] metallic blue,[11] deep red,[11] pink,[12] "jungle green" (olive),[13] "candy blue" (light blue),[14] "urban camouflage" (three-color digital camouflage),[15] "crimson red" (transparent red) and "cosmic blue" (transparent blue).[16] Not all colors have been made available in all markets or at all times.

Additional colors have also been made available alongside limited edition consoles, including gun-metal grey[17] and "cloud black" (dark grey).[18]

A limited edition baseball themed DualShock 3 controller was released on March 8, 2011 to coincide with the release of MLB 11: The Show.[19] Another color, "Metallic Gold", became available in June 2012 as a limited edition in Europe,[20] while in North America it is sold exclusively in GameStop from October 2012.[21][22] A limited edition God of War: Ascension controller is available in the UK as part of a console bundle to coincide with the launch of the game[23] and in the Americas as a game and controller bundle.

soera

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 12:11:29 am »

Well, if you decide to post it here, I saw 1 NES title and a couple of 3DS titles that would work to help both of our goals!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 12:24:02 am »
Get CIB and original copies of all of my games
Get the games that I used to own that I don't anymore
Get a Wii U
Reach 500 games

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:29:39 am »
I can help you out with this ;D

I'll just update my sales thread once I actually make a proper list. You can check it out then. Dunno if you'll really need much in there though... it's gonna mostly be super-common stuff. (might be able to help with the intellivision games maybe)

I've enjoyed the whole collecting thing for a while, but I've gotten bored of the insanely increasing prices and constantly buying games I wouldn't touch ever.
That means my wishlist will be taking a hit too.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 12:31:00 am »
1. Get a Wii U.

2. Pass 100 games in my PS1 collection, and pass 100 games in my PS2 collection. I'm very close on both, and they will be the first consoles I have gotten over 100 games on!

3. Finish off my GameCube wishlist. All I need are: F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur II, Tales of Symphonia, & WWE WrestleMania XIX! (Along with a few multiplats that I'd be just as happy with on Xbox or PS2 anyways.)

4. Get a working Sega CD or 3DO. I just want a piece of that early CD-Rom era back in my collection. I used to have a Sega CD, but it stopped reading discs. So I'd prefer to get a 3DO just to experience some new titles. I'd like a Turbo-CD attachment more than either of those, but I really don't see that one happening.

5. Get more TurboGrafx-16 games. I only have 3 at the moment (Alien Crush, Keith Courage, and Splatterhouse). I used to have a bit more the first time around I had a TG-16 (before my cat broke it, no joke).

6. Try out more modern first-person and third-person shooters. To tell the truth, I got overwhelmed by it all by the time I was done with the Doom series, the Hexen/Heretic series, after that the Quake series, then Unreal, and finally the Halo series. So I completely skipped a large number of these on Xbox 360. I have that trigger finger again and I feel the time is ripe to jump back in, especially since any time now Xbox 360 games will be on clearance racks everywhere!

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 02:56:06 am »
2013 Goals:
1. Buy an Odyssey 2 Purchased one complete in box!
2. Finish SNES backlog At this point in my collection I was getting overwhelmed by the amount of games I had and felt bad that I was not completing them.  I have moved on from that now, but have become much more selective of what I buy. I finished about half of my SNES games.
3. Get all my games in cases This is on hold until I hopefully become a successful adult with a large amount of discretionary income and more space. Just have to work on that making money and going to college stuff.

2014 Goals:
1. Complete/Near Complete Boxed Odyssey 2 set.  I don't know why, but I really like this system and its pretty cheap to get a complete USA set. (Except Power Lords).
2. Add to my boxed Wizardry collection.  My eventual long term collecting goal before I die is a full boxed Wizardry set with every variant.  I will probably focus mainly on US/Japan console releases this year as the PC games are usually more expensive and hard to find.
3. Finish adding collection information to VGCollect. I have made good progress on this, but still have quite a  bit to go.
4. Buy one new console.  Not sure what system I want right now, but I am kind of leaning towards an Atari Lynx. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 10:32:13 am »
2013 Goals
On last year's thread I said I wanted to buy more NES commons and Nintendo Powers.  Well, I pulled that off.  I'm still filling in gaps on the NES collection, but I did knock a few off the list and even added some "Not-so-commons".  Wayne's World and Snow Brothers come to mind.  I also stumbled across a ton of Nintendo Powers.  I have a lot now.  I'm still looking for that elusive Castlvania II one. 
In that other thread I said "I say that, but in reality I'll get side tracked and be all about Neo Geo or something in a few months." I did buy a Neo Geo X this year.  I wasn't "all about it", but it was something I bought.  I don't hate it, but I'm glad I didn't spend Neo Geo money on it.  I just thought that was kind of funny.

2014 Goals

1. Be More Selective - Buy games that I really want and quit buying everything.  I'll still buy NES games, but Genesis, SNES, and the like will be pickier.

2. Play more of my games.  I have too many of these great games that I just don't put to good use. 

3.  This is the biggie.  I'm not joking at all about this.  I'm going to make a run at the World Record for Super Mario Bros speed runs.  I believe the record is just under 5 min.  As of today, I'm at about 7 min 40 sec.  I just need to keep shaving seconds off.  I've seen places that I can save time.  I don't really care if I get the recognition for it.  I just want to know I can do it.  If I get close, I'll start recording runs.  Don't you all want to watch as I blow through a game you know and love?

That last one wasn't a collecting goal, it just something I want to do.

*edit: 4. I want to get more games with Famicom adapters. Why?  I don't have a clue. It's just cool to me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:45:58 pm by turf »

soera

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 11:10:04 am »
5 minutes from start to finish? Thats pretty impressive. I hate 8-3 and 8-4 and if I die on either, its usually game over from there. I would definitely watch though. I have watched a Nintendo Age buddy give a few good runs on Mega Man 2 speed runs.

And since you mention that, I kind of have a goal of my own like that. I want to contact Twin Galaxies and find out about Black Tiger. Currently the site is down as they are moving out of Canada (at least thats where they used to be located if I remember correctly) and to Denver. But there are 5 entries for Black Tiger. 3rd, 4th, and 5th are definitely beatable. 1st and 2nd place seem to be miles ahead of what should be possible and I want to know if those two scores are verified cause I dont think they are. If they are not verified, I can pretty much guarantee myself a first place. :)

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »
1. hit 100 ps3 games
2. get my childhood systems and games back from my uncle. (this might have to wait till i go back to england)
3. get one more system that i dont own.

the rest of my goals are to do with playing. i want to complete more of my games. (going to take a while ive got a huge back log)

karyann

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 01:26:28 pm »
Here is my list from last year:
1. Hit 2300 games. I am currently at 2192 so that is very doable without going over board.Beat it by almost 1000 games and ended the year at 3278

You bought 1000+ games in 2013? Man, that's incredible. It's more than 3 times my whole collection haha. Congrats  :D

My big goals this year would be:
1- Reach 400 games. I think it will be hard, but doable.
2- Reach 50 3DS games.
3- Reach 100 Nintendo DS games. I don't think I'll make it, but it would be really fun to achieve!

I might add more later, but for now it's what I would like to get to the most :D