Author Topic: NIS America, I'm mad. :(  (Read 1904 times)

NIS America, I'm mad. :(
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:34:22 am »
<rant>

Ok, so about a week or so ago, I went on NIS America's website and saw that they had up for preorders, Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Limited Edition for the PS Vita.
So I wanted to buy it. Unfortunately, as I tried to log into my account, the website gave me an error saying I didn't have an account. I thought it was weird as I had preordered Demon Gaze Limited Edition back in the beginning of march and everything went well. So I emailed customer support about the issue. I got an answer a couple days later saying it was something from their system that sometimes fail and deactivate the account.

Alright, so I was ok with that, shit happens, they fixed my account, yay.

NOW. Right after they unlocked my account, I went to preorder the Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Limited Edition I was looking for the week before when I encountered the problem. Guess what, OUT OF STOCK. All the preorders are gone and now I'm just sitting here, writing up this thread because I'm mad and deceived and had to share it.

</rant>

:(

Share your sad stories of missing limited editions so I don't feel alone. Hahaha. :P

(I put some words in CAPS so you can feel the emotion  ;))

ffxik

Re: NIS America, I'm mad. :(
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:06:17 am »
Well that sucks.   :(  BUT!  Get a hold of this guy,  disgaeniac.  He may be able to help you out. 

The only LE I missed out on that I preordered was the big one last year.  Ni No Kuni wizards edition.  I go to it 2 weeks after preorders went up and got the cancellation notice right before it was supposed to ship.  They were supposed to ship a hardcover strategy guide as an apology, never received that either.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:10:09 am by ffxik »

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 03:00:21 am »
A few months ago, I saw the pre-orders for Witch & The Hundred Knight LE and thought, hey I'll get around to pre-ordering that in a bit. Checked back a few weeks later to put my order in, and sure enough they were sold out of the LE. I ended up buying a copy from a reseller for about double what it retailed for. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the Neptunia LE is really going to be all that special. You can still get the regular, of course.

If you do contact Disgaeniac, be aware that he takes cash only or money order, for all of his transactions. ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:00 am »
A few months ago, I saw the pre-orders for Witch & The Hundred Knight LE and thought, hey I'll get around to pre-ordering that in a bit. Checked back a few weeks later to put my order in, and sure enough they were sold out of the LE. I ended up buying a copy from a reseller for about double what it retailed for.

If you do contact Disgaeniac, be aware that he takes cash only or money order, for all of his transactions. ;)

Pfffft:o

;D

- says the guy who:

a).  contacted me to get a copy of the Witch & the 100 Knight LE & asked me what I wanted for it,

b).  I told him that he could have it for "$100 Cash", and

c).  once I'd received the LE...was 'surprised' (;)) when I said that ==> "I wanted $100 cash for it *then*

d).  Through his shrewd & thrifty ways = went & bought one for DOUBLE (~$150); (keep in mind that a postal money oreder costs a buck) AND NOW

e).  is here (not even accurately, as I also do straight up trades -and- favors & exceptions for FRIENDS & non-douchey people that I know and...*Like*) warning  :P others here (who already know me much longer & better than he does) about my "business practices"  8)

Well that sucks.   :(  BUT!  Get a hold of this guy,  disgaeniac.  He may be able to help you out. 

For you, ffxik, I'd help ya' out in a second -but-

this...'warm-n-signal-y' guy has (and amazingly quickly:) made himself the ONE AND ONLY person on this site that I would Never lift a finger to help  :-\

- Stay classy, Signal-y  ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:13:14 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:29 pm »
Wow, you're still hung up on that. I'm just trying to give a heads up to avoid more miscommunications. I get it, you think I'm a douche and you're utterly pissed off and bitter. Whatever. I wish there was a block feature on this forum so you would quit harassing me over a misunderstanding that I already apologized for.  >:(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:13:11 pm »
Wow, you're still hung up on that. I'm just trying to give a heads up to avoid more miscommunications. I get it, you think I'm a douche and you're utterly pissed off and bitter. Whatever. I wish there was a block feature on this forum so you would quit harassing me over a misunderstanding that I already apologized for.  >:(

No need to take care of giving anyone here any kinds of heads-up on my account...I've been handling that myself here just fine (and w/o your "help") for years now  ;)

Never had a single problem or..."miscommunication" w/ anyone else here (tries to see how telling you "$100 cash" & than expecting "$100 cash" from you was a "miscommunication on my part anyways) ;D

That aside...no, I don't like you -and- it's only because you're the only one here who has (in regards to myself) not honored a 'verbal' (written) agreement; which, I think, says A LOT about a person right there  8)

No need for a "Block" function - simple enough to:

1).  not communicate with me, and

2).  keep my name outta' your mouth...no need talking about me when I'm not there...and

...that's it - problem solved!

I'm not wasting any more of my time/effort on this topic and/or you as neither one is worth it ==>

okay, bye now  :P

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:46:05 pm »
... what the hell?

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:09 pm »
... what the hell?
Makes a bit more sense with context.  Still not really the place to discuss it.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:37:04 pm »
... what the hell?

Yeah, things have been a little weird around here today.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 01:02:46 am »
Wow... Seriously guys?

This is my rant about a game and a company. This is not the place to bitch you out guys, come on. And if you really feel the urge to do it, please do so via PM.
I don't want anyone hurting someone else's e-feelings on my thread. I just wanted to share my deception, not throw a grenade on the forums haha.

Meh...  :-\

Now I'm even more unhappy because of how my first thread turned out.

I'm a sad panda. :( FEEL MORE.

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 01:13:14 am »
Now I'm even more unhappy because of how my first thread turned out.

I'm a sad panda. :( FEEL MORE.
Don't let this thread bother you too much.  Turf said it best, "things have been a little weird around here today".  I don't have much to say on the topic as I usually don't preorder stuff, but here is a good Weird Al song to cheer you up.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

ffxik

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 03:30:06 am »
I just figured that if you were after the LE that he would have it for sure.  I did not want to or have intentions of starting a flame war in this thread.   :-[

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 06:59:59 am »
I just figured that if you were after the LE that he would have it for sure.  I did not want to or have intentions of starting a flame war in this thread.   :-[

I know you didn't.

Sorry TC for being part of the hijacking of your thread.

On topic, I can't say the same...I've had nothing but pleasurable experiences with N1 and their customer service.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 05:21:45 pm »
If it makes you feel any better I'm still waiting for my Retron5. I even have a famicom game I bought on ebay that I am unable to play until it arrives.

Been waiting since September.

You are not alone. We can get through this. :)

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 09:05:03 pm »
If it makes you feel any better I'm still waiting for my Retron5. I even have a famicom game I bought on ebay that I am unable to play until it arrives.

Been waiting since September.

You are not alone. We can get through this. :)

Yeah, I feel your pain, but at least you know you'll have it. I probably won't be able to find the Limited Edition other than overpriced ones on eBay.