Author Topic: Please help me stop my wife!  (Read 3824 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Please help me stop my wife!
« on: April 17, 2014, 03:54:03 am »
Folks,

I preordered a Retron5 last September. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for the family. Anyone that's kept up on the Retron5 knows it's still not released.

So I decided to leave my Christmas tree up until it arrives. My wife insists on taking it down.

So we decided to handle the issue like adults and take it to the internet.

We have two videos on youtube. One with my side. The other with hers.

For both videos thumbs down means you agree with her and the tree gets taken down.

Thumbs up means you agree with me and the tree stays up!

If you want to be mildly entertained and help me out please watch and thumbs up both videos! :)

My side of the story:

Her side:

We're just having some fun. So if you want to play along just vote how you feel and don't worry about us getting divorced or anything over it. :)

soera

Re: Please help me stop my wife!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:19 am »
Thumbs up brother! You have to keep the tree up and hopefully Hyperkin themselves will get wind of the video and release the damn thing. Ive had my pre-order up for a while too and have been disappointed a few times already myself.

Retron 5, where are you ?!?!

argyle

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:30:57 am »
I voted for the tree to stay - keep hope alive!!!  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:52:27 am »
Thumbs Up!  Don't give an inch!

Maybe that infernal Retron5 will ship soon and this will all be over. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 12:13:52 pm »
I'm at work, but I have to watch this when I get home. I'm sure me and the wife will get a kick out of this.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:50:26 pm »
bwhahaha
that was amazing. loved it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:32 pm »
Thanks for the support guys! My wife has gathered the support of folks from church. When I posted here we were tied.

We are tallying the votes Friday night at 9:00pm Pacific. That way if she wins the tree can be down in time for Easter.

I hope she does not win. I think it would be kinda cool to have Easter baskets under the Christmas tree.

Feel free to share the links on Facebook. I can't think of any other places that would be appropriate. I'm trying not to spam. But I don't want to loose. :)

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:54 pm »
Are you going to allow yourselves to be manipulated by footage of sleeping children and grown men crying about their lost childhoods and ruined Christmases?
Yes.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:15:00 pm »
Viva la Retron 5, brother!

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 11:22:46 pm »
I gave you a like but unfortunately my wife is going to end up giving your wife a like

soera

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:01 pm »
Check this recent development out :

UPDATE 4/17/24: Hyperkin has increased the price of the RetroN 5, saying "north of $100, between $129.99 and $149.99". Alll pre-orders from Amazon should be honored via their pre-order price guarantee. I believe Newegg has the same guarantee, I am not sure about Stone Age Gamer or 8 Bit Classics. Think Geek still hasn't opened pre-orders on the unit, instead offering a link to be signed up for email notifications as to when it will be available. Also on the Amazon front, they have sold out of pre-orders.

Also http://underratedretro.com/2014/04/overheard-at-pax-hyperkin-ready-to-launch-retron-5/

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 11:55:21 pm »
Yeah, I heard about the price change in a podcast they did 2 days ago. Fortunately when I preordered from Amazon in September the price was $76.19 for the all black model.

So I am locked in at $82.86 after taxes. :)

Amazon is the only way to go when pre-ordering. You always get it at the lowest price it was ever listed for while it's on pre-order.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:58:17 pm by dashv »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 11:57:23 pm »
I gave you a like but unfortunately my wife is going to end up giving your wife a like

It's all good. :)

anruiukimi

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 12:02:55 am »
Now I want to know what camera you guys used to film these, the quality and the production is great :D

Vote up for you, good sir! I've managed to win the battle of the "Christmas Slime" for three Christmases now, so I understand your pain!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 12:16:51 am »
Now I want to know what camera you guys used to film these, the quality and the production is great :D

Vote up for you, good sir! I've managed to win the battle of the "Christmas Slime" for three Christmases now, so I understand your pain!

Christmas slime? That sir requires an explanation! :)

I used 2 Canon 5D MK II's and a Sennheiser 416 for the audio.  We shot both angles at once. :) The real secret to the video though is the Linco Studio light I used. I have a review of the Linco lights on my youtube channel where I show what you can get out of a consumer grade handycam with good lighting.

For these videos I used 1 Linco softbox at half power.