Author Topic: Is there currently anyway to figure out the value of you whole collection?  (Read 1606 times)

If, not this feature would be really neat.

soera

The value of games goes up and down on a daily basis. I really dont want Matt to have to spend a ton of time working on a system to adjust for the value of every game everyday. Value is the least important part of a collection anyhow. If its that big of a deal for ya, http://videogames.pricecharting.com/ + http://www.online-calculator.com/

could this not be easily implemented by pulling the data that matt already pulls from pricecharting and summing it up?  I have also suggested this show in the excel reports we can pull

soera

This is not one of those forums that a lot of people here worry so much about the value. I was being a little sarcastic in my first post on this thread but honestly I really dont want to see a lot of effort put into monetary value on here.

blipcs76

I enter my collection into a spreadsheet in Google docs, then look up each game individually on pricecharting to get a solid estimate of its value, then enter it into the spreadsheet.  I do this about once a year and update it as my collection grows and games rise or fall in value.  A straight import from pricecharting would be nice, but I like to do it manually to account for condition and completeness.  A CIB copy of Urban Champion sells for about 10-15 times what the loose cart is worth.

It's a lot of work, but I'm curious about the value of my collection and it gives me a good record for insurance purposes if (God forbid) I ever have a disaster and have to start rebuilding my collection from scratch.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

This is not one of those forums that a lot of people here worry so much about the value. I was being a little sarcastic in my first post on this thread but honestly I really dont want to see a lot of effort put into monetary value on here.

You honestly aren't curious?

I'm not looking to sell my collection, but I'd love to know how much it's all worth, if this was possible.

Is there some way to add up the prices we already have on items for a total? Other than doing by hand ourselves, I mean is there some way for the site to do this?

soera

Im not curious at all. Ive had people ask me what my stuff is worth and all I ever say is "I dont know". Unless Im selling (which I have no intention of doing so right now) the value doesnt really do me any good.

foxhack

"Collection value: Hella high"

For me it was curiosity as well, I'm not sure about the updated values but they don't have to be updated that often.

Whatever I guess it is just complicated and I don't know anything about how that works,

xD

Im not curious at all. Ive had people ask me what my stuff is worth and all I ever say is "I dont know". Unless Im selling (which I have no intention of doing so right now) the value doesnt really do me any good.

Not even for insurance purposes?

I def could use the info because I do wan't to insure my collection at some point. I mean shit happens...

I was thinking the same thing, since it says an approximate value anyway for many things, it would just add those together.  If you don't care about the money, maybe you can sell me some things real cheap  ;D