Author Topic: Suggestion: checkbox to indicate if we have "beaten" a game  (Read 1386 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Suggestion: checkbox to indicate if we have "beaten" a game
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:42:15 am »
Topic says it all.

It would be cool if my collection could indicate which games I have completed. Just a checkbox would suffice.

Then from time to time I'd go through the list and take care of unfinished business.

:)

Re: Suggestion: checkbox to indicate if we have "beaten" a game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 04:42:35 pm »
I second.

90snostalga

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »
I think it's a good idea as well; however, I actually suggested this I believe a few months ago and it was declined.    The notes field are what this would be for.  You can enter that you have beaten a game in the notes field.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:00:11 pm by 90snostalga »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »
I think it's a good idea as well; however, I actually suggested this I believe a few months ago and it was declined.    The notes field are what this would be for.  You can enter that you have beaten a game in the notes field.

But I can't filter, sort, or view pretty pie chart stats based on the notes field. ;)

rberggren

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 02:46:10 am »
I 2nd this, would also be a really great way of getting statistics - even on greater scale regarding which genre is currently played the most and so on, and maybe show some extra news regarding that particular genre or why not add reviews to the site and show reviews on similar games in that genre?
Also if going waaay too far with this (like I haven't already) it could get a "users also have this in their collection"-thing, to see which ones currently playing/have beaten it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:49:18 am by rberggren »

abe

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:07:14 am »
I'd be all for this, it sounds awesome. It would also be nice to be able to mark your favorite games in your collection.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 07:58:32 am »

But I can't filter, sort, or view pretty pie chart stats based on the notes field. ;)

I know.  I'm with you on that one.  I thought It would be cool to have another box next to our collection box just for "beaten" games.  But its all good  :)

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 01:06:04 pm »
I'd really like to see this one, if only so I can keep track of my backlog a bit better. There's always Backloggery, but I'd rather keep everything on one site.

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 09:32:14 pm »
I'd really like to see this one, if only so I can keep track of my backlog a bit better. There's always Backloggery, but I'd rather keep everything on one site.
Agreed.  I started a Backloggery account, but I kept forgetting to update it and ended up not using it after a while.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 01:46:12 pm »
This should be a fairly simple feature to implement that would not make a significant change in any negative way for existing users who don't care....  I'm on board....

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:41 pm »
Yeah, I really want it to keep track of beat games so it gives me an indication of what I need to go through in my "need to play game list" especially if I can't remember off the top of my head every single game I beat in the past.