Author Topic: organization  (Read 1414 times)

organization
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »
Any ideas on how to organize controllers??? There a damn mess....
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: organization
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:46:04 pm »
for ones that are going to be put away for a while I use reusable cable ties... a fancy way of saying Velcro straps. other than that I just do the old wrap around the controller.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »

You know those shoe holders you can hang on the back of door or closet? They have pouches for each shoe.

We used those in our barracks in the Air Force, because we had limited space for our crap. I used the same idea, and on the back of the door in my game room is one those with a bunch of controllers. The extras I just shoved away into a drawer.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:41:03 pm »
It definitely can be a mess lol. My method isn't perfect, but I have a plastic organizer drawer, each drawer having controllers for different companies (Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft, ect). It seems to do the trick, and as long as i stay organized it doesn't get too messy.

soera

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 10:23:54 pm »
I hang all my controllers on the tacks that hold up my posters. Its both functional (I can find any controller I want without tangled cords) and it looks pretty cool all over the room.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 10:38:08 pm »

You know those shoe holders you can hang on the back of door or closet? They have pouches for each shoe.

We used those in our barracks in the Air Force, because we had limited space for our crap. I used the same idea, and on the back of the door in my game room is one those with a bunch of controllers. The extras I just shoved away into a drawer.

]

Lol you use vasoline to get that Dreamcast controller in there? Yeah I think I know what I'm going to do I'm short on money to get a shoe rack. I think I'm gonna tie them up with wire and hang them in on the closet rod.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 10:53:59 pm »
The Dreamcast controller is nothing. I've got a Game Gear in one of those bottom pouches you can't see in the pic.

It's on the back of the door, though, so it's not as big of an eye-sore as it looks, it's always out of sight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:40:19 am by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 11:43:23 pm »
+1 on the shoe door hangy thing. Just grab one at a dollar store. It's less than $10.

scott

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 12:24:55 am »
I have one of each controller plugged into each console. Then I have one of those 3 drawer roll around containers with one drawer for Player 2 controllers, one for extra controllers and the 3rd for cables and such.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 01:41:11 am »
^ That is exactly the kind of drawers I have my SNES games, N64 Games, and extra controllers that don't fit into the shoe-hanger thing I have pictured above in.

argyle

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »
It definitely can be a mess lol. My method isn't perfect, but I have a plastic organizer drawer, each drawer having controllers for different companies (Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft, ect). It seems to do the trick, and as long as i stay organized it doesn't get too messy.

I do the exact same thing, except instead of the plastic drawers I use these black cloth drawers I got from Target.  There are three drawers in a "cabinet", and I have one "cabinet" on each side of my TV.  One drawer for MS, 2 for Nintendo, 2 for Sony & 1 for Sega.  Works out very nicely - very easy to find things and when I'm not using them they're completely hidden & look very nice. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis