Author Topic: CD-i Music & Movies  (Read 1261 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

CD-i Music & Movies
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:24:51 pm »
Hey team,

Was wondering if we should get separate categories for CD-i Music & Movie's.  I never knew it, but recently I acquired a huge amount of Music & movie's made specifically for the Philips CD-i.

What do you think... separate categories, or just list them under CD-i?

thanks,
Retro

foxhack

Re: CD-i Music & Movies
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:24:32 am »
For movies, maybe.

... But CD-i music? What?

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:16:20 am »
Yup, I had no idea either... looks like they all have Music Video's instead of plain old music tracks.

here's a link to the Cream of Eric Clapton:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cream-of-eric-clapton.jpg

I also have Pete Townshend Live, Peter Grabriel, and a bunch more.  There all sealed too... hmm... Do I open or keep them sealed?  Something inside me just won't let me break the seal on something over 2 decades old lol.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:58:52 am »
Its still a movie  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 02:18:05 pm »
Isn't CD-i music just regular CDs?

And aren't CD-i movies just compressed movies on CD-ROM? Sega Saturn has an accessory to watch those, too.

Seems kind of silly to make a category for things that aren't games or gaming related just because a machine can play them.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 03:39:46 pm »
Isn't CD-i music just regular CDs?

And aren't CD-i movies just compressed movies on CD-ROM? Sega Saturn has an accessory to watch those, too.

Seems kind of silly to make a category for things that aren't games or gaming related just because a machine can play them.

If they're hardware specific, or if they were marketed as being for a specific system, then they should be allowed as valid entries in the database. I mean, we have the GBA Video carts on the database, and I think we had a few PS2 "games" that were just menus for a girl posing.

Most CD-i movies were basically VCDs. Only the first batch of movies were CD-i specific.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?135434-Movies-on-CD-i

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 06:00:42 pm »
Thanks Foxhack... I'm going to just go ahead and add my movies and music under CD-i.  should I put "Movie" or "Music" at the end of the title entry?

- Retromangia

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:51 pm »
Thanks Foxhack... I'm going to just go ahead and add my movies and music under CD-i.  should I put "Movie" or "Music" at the end of the title entry?

- Retromangia

I would say hold off until Matt adds specific sections for them.

You're adding European items, right? We have lots of NA movies so please don't add them until we have a category, so we don't have to fix every listing afterwards. I'm lazy I mean it's a bit less work for us.