Author Topic: Tales of Xillia 2 release date + collector's edition announced  (Read 2051 times)

argyle

So Tales of Xillia 2 is officially hitting the US on Aug. 19.  And here is the collector's edition:

I don't see it up for preorder anywhere yet, but it'll probably show up in a day or two.  For anyone who missed out or almost missed out on the last Tales CE, here's your heads up.  ;)

EDIT:  OK - first, let me say how much I hate the fact that IGN blends news stories from different regions together & makes it VERY difficult to tell what region the story pertains to.   >:(

Anyway, I corrected the release date and here are CE details for the US version found on another site.  No mention of the steelbook, but fingers crossed that we get it as well because it looks awesome:

Collectors Edition – $129.99

Ludger Kresnik Figure – by Ichiban Kuji
Replica Pocket-Watch Collectable
Exclusive Costume DLC – 3 Classic Tales of costumes from Vesperia, Symphonia Chronicles and Graces F
Rollo key charm
Art book
Music CD

EDIT #2:  Replaced pic w/ right one - thanks desocietas! :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:24:54 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dreama1

Re: Tales of Xillia 2 release date + collector's edition announced
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 02:53:07 pm »
They really outdo themselves with boxart. Oh my god that watch so cool.

anruiukimi

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:17:25 pm »
$129? O_O

I think I had a heart attack just now...

argyle

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:21:02 pm »
Yeah, that is pretty steep - especially considering it's not even a real watch.  Hoping Best Buy lists it, at least there I can get my 20% GCU discount.  Still makes it $104, but that's a LITTLE better.   :-\
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »
Yeah, that is pretty steep - especially considering it's not even a real watch.  Hoping Best Buy lists it, at least there I can get my 20% GCU discount.  Still makes it $104, but that's a LITTLE better.   :-\
It's not real? I have been decieved.

argyle

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 03:46:51 pm »
What I'm reading says it's not, but I haven't seen any official-official info for the US version yet. 

scott

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 04:15:33 pm »
The price tags on some of these CEs really make me want to completely stop buying CEs ever. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:59 pm »
I know what you mean.  I'm a massive Tales fan, and I'm having second thoughts on this one.  I'll probably end up going ahead with it in the end, esp. if BB carries it (which they should, they carried the last 2).  But it will probably come at the expense of something else.  The second half of this year is starting to look very packed. 

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
Here's the info I saw this morning:

http://operationrainfall.com/ce-release-date-tales-of-xillia-2/

plus an image from the Tales FB page:

Doesn't sound like we'll be getting either of those neat steelbooks in the NA :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 05:26:56 pm »
Thanks, I updated the image in the first post.  :) 

Really sucks about no steelbook tho, especially since we got such a nice one w/ the Symphonia set. 

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 05:31:55 pm »

Really sucks about no steelbook tho, especially since we got such a nice one w/ the Symphonia set.
Maybe the games are not selling well.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »

True, but it's still nice to get what we got in the first Tales of Xillia CE plus some extra goodies.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 05:58:30 pm »

They're actually selling very well, that's why Namco is ramping up support of the series in the US.  Not only with this release, but the just announced Hearts release for Vita as well as the news that the next Tales PS3 game will be the first game in the series to get a simultaneous launch in Japan & the US.  I think it's a case of previously Tales was a medium-sized fish in a giant sea, there were a TON of great JRPGs on the PS2 for it to get lost in.  Now, not so much, so it really got the chance to shine this gen & they took full advantage of that fact.  Good for them!  :D

True, but it's still nice to get what we got in the first Tales of Xillia CE plus some extra goodies.

You're absolutely right - glass half full!  :)  We're getting the game in 4 months!  ;D

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 06:22:25 pm »
Hopefully they'll have the basic LE for standard msrp like last time.

dreama1

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »

They're actually selling very well, that's why Namco is ramping up support of the series in the US.  Not only with this release, but the just announced Hearts release for Vita as well as the news that the next Tales PS3 game will be the first game in the series to get a simultaneous launch in Japan & the US.  I think it's a case of previously Tales was a medium-sized fish in a giant sea, there were a TON of great JRPGs on the PS2 for it to get lost in.  Now, not so much, so it really got the chance to shine this gen & they took full advantage of that fact.  Good for them!  :D

You're absolutely right - glass half full!  :)  We're getting the game in 4 months!  ;D
Quite alot of games isn't there 5 games on the ps3 we get. What a treat.