Author Topic: Physical game counter  (Read 1163 times)

theprestige2000

Physical game counter
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:00:18 am »
I love the pie chart.  Could there be a separate counter and/or chart for physical games, as opposed to digital, consoles, accessories, swag etc.?  I feel like the focus of most collectors is on physical games and it would be nice to have a quick count of how many you have.

topspot123

Re: Physical game counter
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »
So far, I've only added my physical games for this reason.  I hope that eventually Matt will implement configurable lists for your items.  Then I would have a separate list for physical games, digital games, and systems.  I don't like bringing this up because Matt continues doing an excellent job on the site and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I hope it happens one day!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:12:26 pm »
So far, I've only added my physical games for this reason.  I hope that eventually Matt will implement configurable lists for your items.  Then I would have a separate list for physical games, digital games, and systems.  I don't like bringing this up because Matt continues doing an excellent job on the site and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I hope it happens one day!

+1

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »

Couldn't agree more, my Steam/PC Digital games make up more than half my library.
Maybe there should be 3 separate item count categories for:
  • Physical copies of games
  • Digital copies of games
  • Controllers/Merchandise/Other Physical items

theprestige2000

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:56:48 am »
Basically we all agree that the site is awesome and those responsible are doing a great job! But any increase in any increase in organizational complexity is welcome! ;D

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:19:22 pm »
The only reason I haven't added my accessory collection -is- the fact that it basically bloats up my collection number. All my memory cards, controllers, demo discs, magazines... I just don't want the number to go higher than it should. I already hate seeing DLC packs count as games, and I have a LOT of DLC on Steam!

The feature is planned, but there's no ETA on when it'll happen. Sorry for the wait!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 09:20:59 pm »
I fully support a separate digital section too.  My collection is just for the physical stuff because I feel that is really collecting them, but if there was a digital option, I'd probably go and add in the 150+ games I have on Steam.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 01:58:59 pm »
I agree with the separation options, but I'd rather expand the idea....  I believe it would be beneficial to actually expand nearly everything on the stats page to be honest....  Once badges make a comeback, the stats applying to each badge should be listed underneath....  I.E. - I have 5132 edits listed under the "5000 edits" badge to track progress towards the next level....  Also, I'd be interested in having a line graph on the page to track time vs number of items added to collection in order to track the rate of growth of my collection....  Though I realize the graph would be a tedious addition, I feel that the page could use some growth....

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 10:46:56 pm »
I agree with the separation options, but I'd rather expand the idea....  I believe it would be beneficial to actually expand nearly everything on the stats page to be honest....  Once badges make a comeback, the stats applying to each badge should be listed underneath....  I.E. - I have 5132 edits listed under the "5000 edits" badge to track progress towards the next level....  Also, I'd be interested in having a line graph on the page to track time vs number of items added to collection in order to track the rate of growth of my collection....  Though I realize the graph would be a tedious addition, I feel that the page could use some growth....
The edits and submissions stats used to be on the page.  I really enjoyed it as it allowed me to set goals on how many database edits I wanted to get to by the end of the week or month.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 12:24:44 am »

Matt does do an amazing job with this site. I finally know everything I have. He's saved me $$ from buying dupes and I've found deals on software here in the forums that I wouldn't have felt comfortable with purchasing on ebay (Ducktales 2).

Matt is the man. :-)