Author Topic: PS One Video Issue  (Read 1208 times)

PS One Video Issue
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:52:19 am »
I thought I had a working PS One, the little mini PS1, but it has like this serious burned out visual issue.  I thought it was a bad AV cord, but I tried another with no luck.  It reads the game just fine, i can play, but I can barely see what is going on, super dark, just not right.  Anything I can look at for this possibly?  I have two right now and the other doesn't seem to read discs anymore, so I'd like to see if I can at least try to fix this one.

Re: PS One Video Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 03:07:13 am »
Sounds like it has a bad motivator

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:13:58 am »
I thought I had a working PS One, the little mini PS1, but it has like this serious burned out visual issue.  I thought it was a bad AV cord, but I tried another with no luck.  It reads the game just fine, i can play, but I can barely see what is going on, super dark, just not right.  Anything I can look at for this possibly?  I have two right now and the other doesn't seem to read discs anymore, so I'd like to see if I can at least try to fix this one.

can you swap the laser lens assembly from one to the other?

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:24:30 am »
Take the pickup assembly out of the one that is reading and put it in the one that doesn't. 

thecrypticodor

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:52 pm »
Take the pickup assembly out of the one that is reading and put it in the one that doesn't.
Definitely it's really simple to do just unplug the two cables that connect the drive to the motherboard and swap it over.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:32:34 am »
Definitely it's really simple to do just unplug the two cables that connect the drive to the motherboard and swap it over.

I shall give this a try then! I've opened a few consoles before, but never dealt with a PSone before.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:56:44 pm »
Transplant was a success! Thanks for the help, it was a lot easier than I was expecting.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:09:45 pm »
Transplant was a success! Thanks for the help, it was a lot easier than I was expecting.

Yeah, I have two psones for exactly this reason. One has a fried board but I know the laser and other parts are good. So I'm keeping it to keep my "good psone" in working order.