Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3 is Official!  (Read 2525 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Ghostbusters 3 is Official!
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »
Who you gonna call?

I so cannot wait for this to happen! Ghostbusters was a HUGE part of my childhood!

http://www.today.com/entertainment/ghostbusters-alert-dan-aykroyd-promises-new-film-kick-next-spring-1D79949644

soera

Re: Ghostbusters 3 is Official!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »
I think Im in the opposite boat. Only one of the 3 original people is going to be in it. And this trend of trying to bring back old movies seems to flop a lot. I will check out a trailer when its about to release but I dont think its going to have the same effect the first movies did. Look at the new turtles movie. It looks odd.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:52:30 pm »
Who you gonna call?

I so cannot wait for this to happen! Ghostbusters was a HUGE part of my childhood!

http://www.today.com/entertainment/ghostbusters-alert-dan-aykroyd-promises-new-film-kick-next-spring-1D79949644

I believe it when I see it... and it doesn't suck.

These cats are treading of sacred ground.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »
I was interested when Ramis was alive, even with no Bill Murray, but now it'll only have Dan Akroyd and maybe Ernie Hudson.  I don't have a lot of hope for this, I mean, did anyone see Blues Brothers 2000? lol

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:59 pm »
We already have Ghostbusters 3 - remember that game by Terminal Reality? Sure, it didn't have Sigourney Weaver or Rick Moranis, but everyone else was there and they played their roles well (except for Bill Murray, who sounded bored out of his skull.)

And we had an ongoing comic book series based on the original canon.

As a long time Ghostbusters fan... I just don't think this should happen. Harold Ramis is gone, Aykroyd is... not all there, Ernie Hudson would just collect his paycheck and Bill Murray won't ever be involved.

Just make it a CG movie.  Hire impersonators. Or something. :(

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:47:28 pm »
The first two Ghostbusters movies were lightening in a bottle and no matter how well produced GB3 is, it will never capture that originality and magic  that made the first two so memorable and special. Part of it is that the original cast is not on board, but it's also the time the first two movies were made cannot be mimiced or replicated. Will I see it, probably, but my expectations will be in check while doing so.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 05:50:28 pm »
I guess the only thing that maybe could come out of this, was that I think they were gonna try to make it kind of the "New Generation of Ghost Busters" movie, which would be totally fine, have it be less about the old guard and more about handing it off to a new group and let them be the focus.  I think this is the only way you salvage the movie rather than it being just Akyroyd and Hudson trying to find two other replacements and it being about them on one last ghost hunt.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »
I guess the only thing that maybe could come out of this, was that I think they were gonna try to make it kind of the "New Generation of Ghost Busters" movie, which would be totally fine, have it be less about the old guard and more about handing it off to a new group and let them be the focus.  I think this is the only way you salvage the movie rather than it being just Akyroyd and Hudson trying to find two other replacements and it being about them on one last ghost hunt.

Funny how that's basically the premise for Extreme Ghostbusters.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 06:37:10 pm »

Funny how that's basically the premise for Extreme Ghostbusters.

I never saw that myself, but I think the concept is a good idea.  Comedic ghost hunting fun is a good thing that hasn't really been done that much outside of Ghostbusters, so it would be cool if they could do that again and maybe give us a new Ghostbusters movies that way.  Maybe Akroyd is the boss of them as he works to train them for capturing ghosts.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 06:49:55 pm »
From what I've read, I believe they're still sticking with the script Harold Ramis wrote a few years back, because it sounds like the same premise (passing the torch to a new generation story). And we're getting the original actors back (minus Harold Ramis obviously, R.I.P.), which had a big input into how the characters were portrayed in the original film.

So with a little luck, I think they can pull this off without ruining the franchise.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 06:59:34 pm »
From what I've read, I believe they're still sticking with the script Harold Ramis wrote a few years back, because it sounds like the same premise (passing the torch to a new generation story). And we're getting the original actors back (minus Harold Ramis obviously, R.I.P.), which had a big input into how the characters were portrayed in the original film.

So with a little luck, I think they can pull this off without ruining the franchise.

Aside from Akyroyd, there's no Ramis or Murray, which is a significant portion of the original people gone.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »

Aside from Akyroyd, there's no Ramis or Murray, which is a significant portion of the original people gone.

Why no Bill Murray? They said the originals are returning.

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 07:10:35 pm »
Murray wants nothing to do with a sequel. I'm not even sure how they got him to work on The Video Game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 07:54:45 pm »
Murray wants nothing to do with a sequel. I'm not even sure how they got him to work on The Video Game.

I had read that he wants a lot of money to do it. I hadn't heard that he refused, completely. I just assumed that he got that money, or for whatever reason changed his mind on the $ amount. Because I had read that all the surviving originals were returning.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm holding out hope, because I'd rather see work towards something new, rather than nothing new at all. Ghostbusters was great enough to deserve more than just 2 films.

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 08:55:55 pm »
The only real big reason that Ghostbusters 3 didn't take off earlier and could've had Ramis in it, was because Murray didn't want to do it at all.  Reading an article, that doesn't seem to have changed and is probably even less likely now with Ramis gone.  Weaver seems to be back and it could revolve around Oscar, the baby in GB2, becoming a Ghost Buster.  Nothing else is confirmed though.  Would love to see Rick Moranis come back for just this part.