Author Topic: Would it be okay to add the movie The Wizard to the database?  (Read 1045 times)

razorbeamz

It's not a movie based on a game, but it's definitely about games.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

Re: Would it be okay to add the movie The Wizard to the database?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

razorbeamz

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »

Yeah, I see your point. Maybe a "where do we draw the line?"
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:26 pm »
It's not a movie based on a game, but it's definitely about games.

In my personal opinion? It would be perfectly fine.

Basically, the rule is "if it's based on a video game, it can be added." The movie itself is not based on any particular video game, but it did have Nintendo of America's blessing and featured their products prominently. And by that I mean that it was a 90 minute ad for their stuff.

And no, this doesn't mean you can add any movie that has a scene with a video game. Stuff like Gamer and Grandma's Boy is still out since they feature fictional games. But, documentaries that talk about gaming topics are fine.

This is my personal opinion, but if the other admins disagree then it shouldn't be here.

soera

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:18 pm »
I thought we already had the Wizard in the database to begin with. I would agree with Foxhack that I cant see the harm in Wizard being added but you start putting in stuff like Seinfeld just cause there are some episodes showing Nintendo games or episodes of the Regular show cause they have what looks like an SMS on their table is pushing it.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »
I thought we already had the Wizard in the database to begin with. I would agree with Foxhack that I cant see the harm in Wizard being added but you start putting in stuff like Seinfeld just cause there are some episodes showing Nintendo games or episodes of the Regular show cause they have what looks like an SMS on their table is pushing it.

Ha, you're right. Whoops! So yeah, it's cool.

matt

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:28:58 am »
haha @ the can of worms

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:28:27 pm »
I thought the last time this was discussed, it had to be a based on a particular game or it didn't count.

I was the one that added some of those movies, so I remember the discussion.