Author Topic: [Suggestion] A "reason for editing" field so we can explain why we made edits  (Read 1280 times)

razorbeamz

Some edits get rejected because they aren't understood why they should be made until the user goes to the forum to explain it to the admins. This could be averted if we had a system in place for explaining edits.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

Agreed, some more in-detail responses for rejected edits on the admins behalf are needed to, many seem copy and pasted.

soera

We have a limited amount of options as to why an edit is rejected. Its simply in a roll down window to choose from.

foxhack

Depending on the reason, I send PMs to people whose stuff is rejected. However, in most cases, I choose "information already on file" because the info was already entered by someone else, or if it's an accidental duplicate submission.

I agree though, this is a good idea for stuff that doesn't quite fit within the limited answers we can give.

matt

Depending on the reason, I send PMs to people whose stuff is rejected. However, in most cases, I choose "information already on file" because the info was already entered by someone else, or if it's an accidental duplicate submission.

I agree though, this is a good idea for stuff that doesn't quite fit within the limited answers we can give.

I actually kinda like this idea as it may make people stop and think about it for a second. We get people submitting strange edits (like changing a  game to a completely different platform) and this may help put an end to it.

soera

I dont mind sending messages ... but a lot of the people that send in edits dont visit this part of the site and will probably not notice the message.

foxhack

I dont mind sending messages ... but a lot of the people that send in edits dont visit this part of the site and will probably not notice the message.

I thought they still got the PM via email?

razorbeamz

Not only that, there's the big yellow envelope on the main page when you have a PM in your inbox.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

soera

Not only that, there's the big yellow envelope on the main page when you have a PM in your inbox.

I dont get an email when I got a PM here. Ive never seen the envelope unless Im in the collection manager.

foxhack

I used to get tons of messages during our spam wars until I turned all of them off.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

I dont get an email when I got a PM here. Ive never seen the envelope unless Im in the collection manager.

I get an email for pm's too - think you can do that in your settings Brad.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Make this required because if there is no reason for the edit there is no reason for the edit.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー