Author Topic: 99Gamers.com  (Read 2575 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

99Gamers.com
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:12 pm »
Has anyone else here used this site before?

I just started using it thanks to a mention in the last MetalJesusRocks video. And I have to HIGHLY recommend it.

I may be jumping the gun a little here, as my trades haven't quite completed. But the reason I recommend it is two reasons:

1. You sell your stuff for site credit, which then you can use for ANY game available on the site, rather than being stuck to a straight trade.

2. I put up stuff that has sat for years on GameTZ.com and here on the boards, untouched and unclaimed. Yet in two days have sold so much stuff on there that I'm getting in trouble with the wife for shipping charges!

You can even set up a wishlist that notifies you when a game you want has become available!

It's connected through my Facebook account, so I think you just look me up by name: Nathan Riggins.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Re: 99Gamers.com
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:38 pm »
I checked the site out before, also after watching the Metal Jesus video. Sadly, it's US/CA only at this point  :(

davifus

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:39 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try it out.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »
I've used it for a few months now and it's fantastic! A great way to get rid of duplicates and such. What I really like is that the traders main goal isn't to make money, it's about games. Gamers working with gamers. It's easier and more pleasant than eBay

90snostalga

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:21 pm »
Thanks for recommending the site Doom!  I'm going to check it out!  Sounds good.  :)

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »
I looked it up a while back. I didn't like it, it felt like a complete scam on the vein of Goozex. None of the popular games were ever available. Sorry. :( I prefer to trade with people directly.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:41 pm »
I looked it up a while back. I didn't like it, it felt like a complete scam on the vein of Goozex. None of the popular games were ever available. Sorry. :( I prefer to trade with people directly.

Really? Must have been because of low users back then. Just some of the games available on my wishlist right now:

-Dragon Quest IV
-Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
-Panzer Dragoon: Zwei
-RayStorm
-TMNT IV
-Deadpool
-Contra: Hard Corps
-Halo Anniversary
-Medievil II

And plenty more.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »
Whenever I sign into the site I think of "99 Ways to Die" from Megadeth.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »
Thanks for the recommendation, but if each coin is about equal to a dollar, no thanks!

135 coins for Power Stone 2? 75 for Mega Man Legends 2 disc only?

I'll take my chances with some of the overpriced game stores in my area before hitting this place up lol.

spac316

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 03:15:56 am »
If it's anything like Goozex was, eh. I used to use Goozex but quit once everyone only posted Sports games mostly.

But this seems better...I'll think about it.

karyann

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:33 am »
That seems like a pretty cool and easy way to trade for exactly what you want. I'll probably try it :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 12:04:10 pm »
Thanks for the tip, BD!

I really am already content with using this site + friends (yeah, it helps that I'm good friends with other gamers who buy, sell, and trade games for a living), getting a heads up from a co-conspirator who manages a GS store before they go throwing away perfectly good gaming shit, and being pretty much known as the "go to guy" around here so that plenty of people think to check with/come to me when they're looking to sell their stuff before/instead of giving it away to a GS or a pawn shop.

It's almost always *easy* to give them double to triple what a store would give them, and still resell most items for double to triple what I paid...while *still* being able to undercut the store's going rates;

this fact tells a pretty sad tale of the state of our current gaming stores, does it not   :o

Add yard sales to the mix & I've been lucky enough to have not needed to support any of the on-line middlemen to sell anything for several years now   ;D

C.A.G. can also get you pretty good results sometimes too but, I haven't done anything there for years now either...you still at all active over there Greg?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:10:41 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

retroone

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 03:52:36 pm »

I just started using it thanks to a mention in the last MetalJesusRocks video. And I have to HIGHLY recommend it.

I may be jumping the gun a little here, as my trades haven't quite completed. But the reason I recommend it is two reasons:

1. You sell your stuff for site credit, which then you can use for ANY game available on the site, rather than being stuck to a straight trade.

2. I put up stuff that has sat for years on GameTZ.com and here on the boards, untouched and unclaimed. Yet in two days have sold so much stuff on there that I'm getting in trouble with the wife for shipping charges!

You can even set up a wishlist that notifies you when a game you want has become available!

It's connected through my Facebook account, so I think you just look me up by name: Nathan Riggins.

Paypal Option??

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 12:38:17 am »

Paypal Option??

You can buy their "coins" with PayPal.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 04:08:31 am »
Concept reminds me of itradevideogames.com...  No thanks!  While I haven't had much luck selling, buying, or trading games lately, I still prefer VGCollect.  Prices are also negotiable with members and value is real money, not trade credit only.

Please check out the games I have for sale.