Author Topic: New Mario Kart DLC packs, new courses, and Characters.  (Read 2177 times)

spac316

New Mario Kart DLC packs, new courses, and Characters.
« on: August 27, 2014, 03:12:07 am »
New tracks and characters based on Zelda, F-Zero and Animal Crossing!
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/26/6071823/mario-kart-8-link-animal-crossing-dlc
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:29:44 am by spac316 »

Re: New Mario Kart DLC packs, new courses, and Characters.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:32 am »
Way to go Nintendo! That's really neat, and Im not into DLC at all. I am definitely getting these packs

bobster

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:28:46 am »
That's pretty sweet! I'm glad to hear they're finally doing some cool stuff with the series. I'm pretty sure everyone is going to buy those packs.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:43 am »
I'd be pissed about this if Mario Kart 8 wasn't a full on game.  If it had been short on tracks or characters, I wouldn't be happy about this. 

I love that they are adding to the game to keep it alive.  We don't need another full Mario Kart game, we just need more tracks for this one.  I'll drop the $10 or whatever it is for 8 new tracks.  I'm in.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:43 am »
sweet. I was really hoping for more carts and stuff too. I pretty much unlocked everything the week the game came out. lol
Not sure how I feel about other franchises being included. -At least it's DLC.

It was also announced recently that they were going to change the post race menu to have View Replay as the 2nd option. Thank God.

Edit: I'm interested to see what the Hyrule course will be like. I can't tell but looks like there's an Excite Bike track as well if you look at the tiny thumbnail on the UK Nintendo site.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:13:50 am by badATchaos »

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »
Very excited that they are finally allowing for non-Mario stuff to crossover into Mario Kart 8, such as having Link and courses from different games.  I'd love for them to try and instead of making Mario Kart 9, try to just make Nintendo Kart and see how it does.  It would essentially make it like Smah Bros Kart, but I'm totally cool with that lol

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:57:02 pm »
How does it work you guys?  I've never used DLC.  Is it possible I can buy a DLC disc from Gamestop and install it on my Wii U?  I'm asking because I don't have internet to connect my Wii U system to, to download it.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 05:33:18 pm »
How does it work you guys?  I've never used DLC.  Is it possible I can buy a DLC disc from Gamestop and install it on my Wii U?  I'm asking because I don't have internet to connect my Wii U system to, to download it.

Download only.  Probably won't ever see it show up as a separate disc.  Possibly combined into a complete Mario Kart 8 version way down the road, but not sure about that either.

bobster

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:46 pm »
Well played Nintendo. My Wii u made a noise and sure enough my Wii u controller was advertising the bundle. You got my 12 bucks.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:26:14 pm »
Well played Nintendo. My Wii u made a noise and sure enough my Wii u controller was advertising the bundle. You got my 12 bucks.

They got me too. So long $12

bobster

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:27:38 pm »

They got me too. So long $12
Hahaha I saw you online and could only assume the same thing happened  :P

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 09:44:44 pm »
Nintendo is just terrible...Now with the pre-orders, the new characters and courses will be shown as placeholders till they are released...taunting and teasing me for the next 8 months...YOU BASTARDS!

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 11:28:43 pm »
Well, looks like I need to get this now.

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 12:26:16 am »
Still waiting to purchase my WiiU can't wait to get it and get mario kart 8 and DLC sounds awesome... Hopefully I will have it by Christmas time... Thanks for the info.. On the game :D

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 10:47:19 am »
More screen shots from their Japanese Youtube. They show how the menus will be layed out to make room for the new content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRMTisbyeA
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:50:21 am by badATchaos »