Author Topic: Are you more excited for Destiny or the Halo Remake?  (Read 844 times)

druaga

Are you more excited for Destiny or the Halo Remake?
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:51:39 am »
I'm torn between the two since they both excite me quite a bit, but also have this inflated hype feel around them. The announcement Bungie made about how many planets you can visit and only one area per planet kind of hurt my personal hype for it a little. MCC has really focused too much on Halo 2. I'm not sure if the other games in the collection has as much effort put into them. Did they fix up Halo 3 along with the resolution boost to 1080p? Or did they just stretch it? How about fixing up those textures in certain areas in Halo 4? And Halo 1 isn't the same remaster as the 360 game I Hope?

Re: Are you more excited for Destiny or the Halo Remake?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:09:57 pm »
I'm torn between the two since they both excite me quite a bit, but also have this inflated hype feel around them. The announcement Bungie made about how many planets you can visit and only one area per planet kind of hurt my personal hype for it a little. MCC has really focused too much on Halo 2. I'm not sure if the other games in the collection has as much effort put into them. Did they fix up Halo 3 along with the resolution boost to 1080p? Or did they just stretch it? How about fixing up those textures in certain areas in Halo 4? And Halo 1 isn't the same remaster as the 360 game I Hope?

Halo 2 is getting the focus for this since it's the next anniversary game and the last old release on the Xbox.  Halo 3 and 4 are probably just slight updates with all the content that came out for both, but will most likely be pretty unchanged.  And Halo 1 is just the anniversary remaster from before.

It's not a very interesting release really.  Destiny at least is a new game to be excited for.  I'm probably not gonna get it till I get a PS4 though which will be a year or two down the road, even more so now that I know Metal Gear Solid 5 is coming to PC lol

druaga

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:13:22 pm »
But you cant play the demo on a pc lol. I mean ground zeroes.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:24:23 pm »
But you cant play the demo on a pc lol. I mean ground zeroes.

Both are coming to PC and really, Ground Zeroes isn't that important to the Phantom Pain.  It's basically a tech demo.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:35:06 pm »
Wait, isn't that was Halo Anniversary was?

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 04:46:27 pm »

The last anniversary Halo was just for Halo 1.  The new collection will included the anniversary edition of Halo 2 along with the previously released Halo 1 anniversary edition.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 02:18:13 pm »

The last anniversary Halo was just for Halo 1.  The new collection will included the anniversary edition of Halo 2 along with the previously released Halo 1 anniversary edition.

Well wait a minute, the Halo 1 A wasn't in 1080p 60fps right?

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:07 pm »

Well wait a minute, the Halo 1 A wasn't in 1080p 60fps right?

Probably not? I don't know what it ran at exactly, but seeing that it seems like they are struggling to get any games running at that now, I would say it is unlikely it ran at that lol