Author Topic: Nintendo Direct - New Xenoblade Announcements!  (Read 1356 times)

argyle

Nintendo Direct - New Xenoblade Announcements!
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:33:36 am »
So I didn't watch the announcements, I read about them on other forums & websites.  So the first thing I saw from it was the new 3DS hardware, and didn't think much of it.  Colored buttons, new tiny stick, supposedly faster - ok, but I don't see any reason to upgrade from my current XL.  Then I read that they're porting Xenoblade to it.  Ok, well, if that hits the US then mark me down for the console & game.  I'm a MASSIVE Xenoblade fanboy, so I'm in.  Would rather have had it hd on the Wii U, true, but I'll take whatever they give me.  :)

So then I read on.  Before I post this next bit, this is my history with the new Smash Bros.:

Game is announced - I don't care, not a big SB fan
Game coming to both Wii U / 3DS - still don't care, don't like fighters on handhelds & still not a big SB fan
Announce Pac-Man as a playable character - cool, but I still don't really care, not a big SB fan
Announce Shulk as a playable character - *goes to put down preorder on new SB game* ;D

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

Re: Nintendo Direct - New Xenoblade Announcements!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:12:18 am »
I have the OG Aqua 3DS so I have more of a reason to upgrade I guess.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

blipcs76

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:13 am »
Hell yes!  The fans have been begging for Shulk in Smash Bros. and we're finally getting our wish.

Final smash brings in Dunban and Riki :)  Too awesome!  Now I wanna play more Xenoblade Chronicles.

And that Xenoblade stage is gorgeous!  Can't wait!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:18:10 am by blipcs76 »

davifus

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:19:20 am »
Hell yes!  The fans have been begging for Shulk in Smash Bros. and we're finally getting our wish.

Final smash brings in Dunban and Riki :)  Too awesome!  Now I wanna play more Xenoblade Chronicles.

Still looking for a good price on Xenoblade (Wii). Gamestop still has them for around $50. I guess it more of whenever it land on my lap.

argyle

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:25:33 am »

Wish they brought in Rein instead tho.  C'mon..."It's Rein time!" :D

Still looking for a good price on Xenoblade (Wii). Gamestop still has them for around $50. I guess it more of whenever it land on my lap.

I can't think of a better game to spend $50 on, personally.  I put well over 100 hours into it and loved every second of it.   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:37:22 am »

I can't think of a better game to spend $50 on, personally.  I put well over 100 hours into it and loved every second of it.   ;D
[/quote]

I don't know If I want to spend $50 on a used game.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

[/quote]
I'm not sure if you're going to get a price that's much cheaper than that for Xenoblade, considering its one of the best and most wanted Wii games, so I have a feeling that its going to increase in value over time. It's a fantastic game to buy for that kind of money.

davifus

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:28:30 pm »

I'm not sure if you're going to get a price that's much cheaper than that for Xenoblade, considering its one of the best and most wanted Wii games, so I have a feeling that its going to increase in value over time. It's a fantastic game to buy for that kind of money.
[/quote]

I'm sure it will increase value in time but for now it's something i'll pick up whenever a good price lands on my lap. Who knows I might never get it because of this mindset. I can only save enough cash, while im buying new upcoming game or other game I missed out in the past.

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:21:45 pm »

I'm sure it will increase value in time but for now it's something i'll pick up whenever a good price lands on my lap. Who knows I might never get it because of this mindset. I can only save enough cash, while im buying new upcoming game or other game I missed out in the past.
[/quote]
Well, you can wait for the "new" 3DS port of Xenoblade to come to the US at some point next year, since I just realized that depending how many copies they make, it could reduce the price of the game quite a bit over time.

davifus

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 10:51:55 pm »

Well, you can wait for the "new" 3DS port of Xenoblade to come to the US at some point next year, since I just realized that depending how many copies they make, it could reduce the price of the game quite a bit over time.
[/quote]

I'll probably pick it up.