Author Topic: A Chat Box?  (Read 1027 times)

davifus

A Chat Box?
« on: August 29, 2014, 09:22:26 pm »
I think a Chat box would be nice.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: A Chat Box?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:33:06 am »
Regarding a possible trade or purchase, I can see this as being useful compared to members waiting for PMs to be sent. received, and responded.  The transaction could be easily discussed then and there.

As for a chat room for the sake of chatting, I'm fairly certain there are other sites that could host a chat/video service...  *Reminiscing back to the old AIM Chat days.*

Please check out the games I have for sale.

matt

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:30:07 am »
We tossed around the idea awhile back to have an IRC channel.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 12:15:45 pm »
Regarding a possible trade or purchase, I can see this as being useful compared to members waiting for PMs to be sent. received, and responded.  The transaction could be easily discussed then and there.

As for a chat room for the sake of chatting, I'm fairly certain there are other sites that could host a chat/video service...  *Reminiscing back to the old AIM Chat days.*

I am all for a chat mechanism of some form. But I would still do my trades and purchases via pm so I have a trail. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:14:36 pm »

I am all for a chat mechanism of some form. But I would still do my trades and purchases via pm so I have a trail. :)

Same here!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:19:32 pm »

Same here!
A chat room would be pretty cool idea! I'm in!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 01:49:27 pm »

Same here!

Aargh!

I was pretty unclear in my last quote + post.

I'm not really interested in a Chat Room, at all...I'd surprise myself if I ever used it - even if we did have one; I was agreeing with & 'seconding' the part about liking to and continuing to use PM's (especially, when working out trades, deals, sales, and transactions w/ other users).  As dashv already mentioned & pointed out - it's a good way of keeping a written log/record of everything that all parties have asked, said, and agreed to that, in my personal experience...(99% of my time here)...has worked to keep everyone honest, trustworthy, honorable, fair, and has almost always kept almost every user here (that I've ever dealt with, at least) to live up to , follow through with, and to fulfil & honor their agreed upon deals + agreements.  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »

Same here!

Aargh!

I was pretty unclear in my last quote + post.

I'm not really interested in a Chat Room, at all...I'd surprise myself if I ever used it - even if we did have one; I was agreeing with & 'seconding' the part about liking to and continuing to use PM's (especially, when working out trades, deals, sales, and transactions w/ other users).  As dashv already mentioned & pointed out - it's a good way of keeping a written log/record of everything that all parties have asked, said, and agreed to that, in my personal experience...(99% of my time here)...has worked to keep everyone honest, trustworthy, honorable, fair, and has almost always kept almost every user here (that I've ever dealt with, at least) to live up to , follow through with, and to fulfil & honor their agreed upon deals + agreements.  8)

Yeah in particular it helps me to remember what my own promises and expectations were. Did I ask about the condition? Did they say shipping was included in the price or did I just assume without asking?

That said I do wish the "email a copy to myself" checkbox was clicked by default.