Author Topic: Nintendo Commits to 2015 Release Date for StarFox Wii U  (Read 1827 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Nintendo Commits to 2015 Release Date for StarFox Wii U
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:57:41 am »
You ready to keep rescuing Slippy's useless butt again while fighting Team Wolf?

http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-commits-2015-release-date-193900400.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:00:32 am by burningdoom »

Re: Nintendo Commits to 2015 Release Date for StarFox Wii U
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 03:13:42 am »
You ready to keep rescuing Slippy's useless butt again while fighting Team Wolf?

http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-commits-2015-release-date-193900400.html

Should be another good year for Nintendo.  I don't think they'll ever recover, but I'm pretty stoked for what is coming.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 03:26:22 am »
and I commit to a 2015 purchase date for Wii-U following the release of Star Fox! :)

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:48:50 am »
I can't believe it's almost been 10 years since their last console release!
I'm really hoping its free flight and not so much a rail shooting. (eg: Rogue Squadron)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:03:28 am »
I'm really hoping its free flight and not so much a rail shooting. (eg: Rogue Squadron)

I like the rail shooting parts.  That's what Star Fox has been all along.  With that said, someone needs to take a page out of Rogue Squadron's book and do a game like that.  Star Fox would be perfect.  Either way, I'll buy it, play it, and probably love it.

davifus

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:53 am »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 12:09:12 pm »

I like the rail shooting parts.  That's what Star Fox has been all along.  With that said, someone needs to take a page out of Rogue Squadron's book and do a game like that.  Star Fox would be perfect.  Either way, I'll buy it, play it, and probably love it.

You guys are looking for Star Fox Assault on GameCube, then. There are also on-foot missions, but the flight missions are free-range. It's honestly my favorite Star Fox game, and the most underrated one, IMO.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 03:34:15 pm »
^  Reminds me: that's going on my wish list :P

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »
It will be released as vaporware in 2015  8)

I personally want Assault to be retried honestly. Just better.

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 10:31:09 pm »
I'm excited for this one, just hope it is not Star Fox Adventures 2.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 06:27:00 am »
Im looking forward to StarFox online mode :p
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:07 pm »
I'd really like to see this launch in 2015, but I have too many doubts.  Bayonetta 2 took way longer than expected, same with Mario Kart 8, and Xenoblade Chronicles X has been pushed back until time time next year.  Given how little was shown of StarFox at E3 (you know, nothing), I have my doubts that it'll make a 2015 release. 

I'm still pissed that Fatal Frame isn't releasing outside of Japan, and still no information on Dragon Quest X. 

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 07:13:33 pm »
I'd really like to see this launch in 2015, but I have too many doubts.  Bayonetta 2 took way longer than expected, same with Mario Kart 8, and Xenoblade Chronicles X has been pushed back until time time next year.  Given how little was shown of StarFox at E3 (you know, nothing), I have my doubts that it'll make a 2015 release. 

I'm still pissed that Fatal Frame isn't releasing outside of Japan, and still no information on Dragon Quest X.
Dragon Quest X is never gonna get localized, even with all of the interest for a U.S release for 4 years, and the release of the game on Wii, Wii U, PC, Android, 3DS, and a slim chance on PS4, all in Japan of course. SE just doesn't want to take any risks right now.

argyle

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 08:17:45 pm »

Dragon Quest X is never gonna get localized, even with all of the interest for a U.S release for 4 years, and the release of the game on Wii, Wii U, PC, Android, 3DS, and a slim chance on PS4, all in Japan of course. SE just doesn't want to take any risks right now.

I think, if they do in fact port it to the PS4, that will be our best shot at it getting localized.  The risk would be lower due to the PS4's much larger install base.  BTW, anyone know any subscriber #'s for FFXIV, specifically on PS4?  That would be a good indicator. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »

I think, if they do in fact port it to the PS4, that will be our best shot at it getting localized.  The risk would be lower due to the PS4's much larger install base.  BTW, anyone know any subscriber #'s for FFXIV, specifically on PS4?  That would be a good indicator.
Back in April, I heard the ps4 subscriber base hit 2 million people for FFXIV which makes it one of the biggest MMO bases on consoles at the moment and the numbers are probably even higher about 5 months later. From what I heard, the DQ X on PS4 was a idea they'd like to do, so there's some possibility of a port to PS4, and I'm hoping SE will take a chance and give us consumers a chance to play this game.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:13:56 pm by maximo310 »