Author Topic: Pre-owned Walmart games may or may not include instruction manuals  (Read 1098 times)

Warmsignal

Pre-owned Walmart games may or may not include instruction manuals
« on: September 14, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
A simple heads up is all. I purchased Tropical Freeze for the Wii U from Walmart, as a pre-owned game. Of course, they shrink wrap their games so you can't open it just to see what's inside. These days it's getting harder to tell when a recently released game is supposed to include a manual, or slip of paper telling you the manual is in-game, or nothing at all, and it's rather inconsistent.

Super Mario Bros. U included no inserts at all, but the much later Tropical Freeze, is actually supposed to include a full color manual. Luckily for me, I was able to find a thrown out case and manual for this game, but the copy I purchased from Walmart, had no manual inside. This is contradictory to their online policy that all used games do in fact include instruction manuals.

So it's all a bit confusing, but point being, just because Walmart seals up their used copies, doesn't mean that it's actually complete. At least in store.

maximo310

Re: Pre-owned Walmart games may or may not include instruction manuals
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:38:14 pm »
Yeah, I feel like that policy is pretty hit or miss depending what you are looking for. Fortunately, when I decided to pick up a pre-owned Raiden Fighter Aces from their store using the online to store pickup option, their policy wasn't too much of issue since I wanted the game, and they were offering it at half of the price of everywhere else. When I picked it and opened it, the game was complete after all and I was pretty surprised to get that lucky with the pre-owned thing. Still, I guess I've have to be cautious with their policies from hearing this when I decide to pick up games there in the future.

foxhack

Re: Pre-owned Walmart games may or may not include instruction manuals
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:24:48 pm »
... I thought some games didn't include a manual at all these days.