Author Topic: Best horror games?  (Read 2973 times)

dreama1

Best horror games?
« on: September 22, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »
Best horror games?

Re: Best horror games?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:27 pm »
Ravenholm  ;)

abe

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:51 pm »
The Corpse Party series for sure. I've never played anything more creepy and disturbing games than those. The PSP remake is probably my favorite, but I enjoyed Corpse Party: Book of Shadows as well. They're best played alone in the dark. :) I really hope Corpse Party: Blood Drive for the Vita gets localized.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:50:57 pm »
For me, I enjoy more action horror with Dead Space and and a few of the particular Resident Evil games like Resident Evil 4.  Throughout the years, I've dabbled in Fatal Frame and Silent Hill which tend to freak me out.  It was terrifying watching the recent P.T. which makes sense being connected to Silent Hill lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »
The obvious ones: The Resident Evil series. At least up until 4, it was a AAA, top of the line, foaming at the mouth to get it series.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:57:09 pm »
I'm a big baby when it comes to horror games. Dead Space scares the piss out of me. I usually can't play it for more than like an hour at a time before I have to turn all the lights on and play a Mario game.

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 09:04:31 pm »
I'm a big baby when it comes to horror games. Dead Space scares the piss out of me. I usually can't play it for more than like an hour at a time before I have to turn all the lights on and play a Mario game.

Dead Space is the exact horror I can handle.  It's freaky, it's intense and creepy, but you can always shoot things in the face many times lol It's Silent Hill that I tried to play in the dark and couldn't get very far in them and needed to watch something happy.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »

Dead Space is the exact horror I can handle.  It's freaky, it's intense and creepy, but you can always shoot things in the face many times lol It's Silent Hill that I tried to play in the dark and couldn't get very far in them and needed to watch something happy.

Like I said, I'm a baby  :P

Give me a few jumps and I'm done. Especially when I'm all alone.

davifus

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 09:24:43 pm »
The Corpse Party series for sure. I've never played anything more creepy and disturbing games than those. The PSP remake is probably my favorite, but I enjoyed Corpse Party: Book of Shadows as well. They're best played alone in the dark. :) I really hope Corpse Party: Blood Drive for the Vita gets localized.

I agree

But I would have to go with the Fear Series. I have brought the whole collection on Steam and have yet to play any of them except Fear 3 (only played 16 Minutes before I had NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE Moment). My Surround Sound Headphones didn't help ether...

This is me when playing F.E.A.R.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 09:35:13 pm »

I agree

But I would have to go with the Fear Series. I have brought the whole collection on Steam and have yet to play any of them except Fear 3 (only played 16 Minutes before I had NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE Moment). My Surround Sound Headphones didn't help ether...

This is me when playing F.E.A.R.

FEAR 1 and to some degree FEAR 2 have aged incredibly poorly, almost unplayable to me, but those games are freaky as hell lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 09:41:52 pm »
Resident Evil 4. why? Los Regeneradors and Iron maidens

maximo310

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:09 pm »
Resident Evil 4. why? Los Regeneradors and Iron maidens
Cuz' the game's gotta be awesome man. Some of those deaths/bosses in that game were so gruesome especially when getting killed by a chainsaw.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 12:40:13 am »
Love Silent hill 2 and especially 3, 4 is kind of freaky just because your character is locked in an apartment but it didn't freak me out quite as much as the other two. Also check out Alan Wake

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 01:26:40 am »
Silent Hill (especially the first three), Condemned, Rule of Rose, Shadow Hearts, Dementium, Amnesia. There's a ton I've yet to try out despite owning, like Eternal Darkness, Call of Catthulhu, and Haunting Ground or any Fatal Frame. I've heard good things about all.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:31:35 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 10:54:29 am »
Silent Hill (especially the first three), Condemned, Rule of Rose, Shadow Hearts, Dementium, Amnesia. There's a ton I've yet to try out despite owning, like Eternal Darkness, Call of Catthulhu, and Haunting Ground or any Fatal Frame. I've heard good things about all.

Oh Crap! How could I forget Eternal Darkness great horror game