Author Topic: Anybody with spare Sega CD & 32x cord?  (Read 1341 times)

davifus

Anybody with spare Sega CD & 32x cord?
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:54:19 am »
Hook a brotha up. These damn cords goes for way too much, my goodness I almost had a heart attack. So im looking for the official power supply for the Sega Cd & 32x & the cord that connects the 32x to Genesis (model 2).

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Anybody with spare Sega CD & 32x cord?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:42:39 am »
I don't remember my Sega CD needing a cord, other than the power cord. But that is the normal Genesis power supply, IIRC, which doesn't cost much.

davifus

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 02:01:13 am »
I don't remember my Sega CD needing a cord, other than the power cord. But that is the normal Genesis power supply, IIRC, which doesn't cost much.

Well im looking for the specific cords. The sega cd psu has a silver tip while regular genesis psu are yellow tipped like the 32x psu cord. Yes, im extremely nit picky about my psu cords. When it comes to cord & battery and etc I will alway get the official one even if it means I cant use the device until I get it

bobster

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:35:55 am »
It sounds like you're looking for genuine cables, but if you have trouble finding them, this seller has the patch cable between the system and the 32X.

Link to patch cable listing. Keep in mind this is for the model 1 Genesis.

They're very reputable and are known for building high quality cables. I've been buying all my Euro SCART cables from them now that I've got my XRGB mini upscaler.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:27:03 pm »
It sounds like you're looking for genuine cables, but if you have trouble finding them, this seller has the patch cable between the system and the 32X.

Link to patch cable listing. Keep in mind this is for the model 1 Genesis.

They're very reputable and are known for building high quality cables. I've been buying all my Euro SCART cables from them now that I've got my XRGB mini upscaler.

I would buy it if I was doing this for the model 1 but i dont have the metal plate (CD) for it.
I would rather have the CD & 32x on one model.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:30:49 pm by davifus »

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:39:28 pm »
I seem to recall someone making and selling a power supply that would power a Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X all at the same time. I can't recall who it was or where I saw it, so I'm not much help at all. Plus, if you want original parts, you probably wouldn't be interested. Just throwing it out there though.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »
Is this the combination power second-hand supply you guys thought of? http://retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155957/sega-trio---duo/5885731
It seems to work for a sega genesis2+cd2+32x and works as a 3 in 1 ac adapter. You might want to get it to save cord space and possibly cost.

byron

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 10:15:46 pm »
Something tells me that Sega Trio thing isn't UL listed...

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »
Something tells me that Sega Trio thing isn't UL listed...

Well, the only other kinds of combination of power supplies for that is stuff from other forums, like this one guy who converted gamecube power supplies into a sega genesis+cd+32x power supply, that sold out and worked pretty well. I don't know too much about sega trio, but alot of people reccomend the product, but you should use it at your own risk. That's all.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 05:11:01 pm »
As long as the voltage and amperage are correct and the wiring is not shorted there shouldn't be any issues. Heck, I have a bigger fire hazard with the number of power strips behind my TV than I would by running one of those things.