Author Topic: A personal game or item rating system?  (Read 850 times)

Warmsignal

A personal game or item rating system?
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:28:12 pm »
Seen this implemented on another database website. Maybe something like a 1 to 5 or half star to 5 (10), item rating option. Even better if it could show in your collection next to notes.

On a similar note, why is it that price, and a date of purchase remain hidden after entered?

maximo310

Re: A personal game or item rating system?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:57 pm »
I would like a personal rating system for games, as an option to highlight liked and disliked games, because that's always helpful whenever you're interested in purchasing a certain game.

I don't understand why the prices don't show up as well, when you look at the item in your collection, or even in the edit section of the item.

abe

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:32 am »
It would be kinda neat to see the combined rating for a game from all users on the game's page in the database. I have no idea how easy or difficult to implement though, so it's just a thought and not really a request.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 04:18:00 am »
That would be great!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 02:52:28 pm »
It would be kinda neat to see the combined rating for a game from all users on the game's page in the database. I have no idea how easy or difficult to implement though, so it's just a thought and not really a request.

This is true.

But, there's already SO MANY places & sites that do exactly this (and, there's always reading reviews and/or plain, old fashioned asking & talking to people about specific games)...

...Seems completely beyond & not the scope/focus of a collection-based / database site.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 06:57:54 pm »

This is true.

But, there's already SO MANY places & sites that do exactly this (and, there's always reading reviews and/or plain, old fashioned asking & talking to people about specific games)...

...Seems completely beyond & not the scope/focus of a collection-based / database site.

Maybe I just really want to know how all you wonderful people here feel about the games in the database. ;) For sure though, there's lots of other places to get reviews and ratings. Not to mention people talk about how they feel about games a lot in the forum already. Aggregate scores are usually a bit iffy anyways, since not everyone scores things the same way. Two people might have enjoyed a game just a much as one another, but one of them might give it an 8/10 and the other guy gives it a 9/10. That's my 2 cents anyways.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)