Author Topic: Other franchises crossed with Dynasty Warriors.  (Read 1782 times)

spac316

Other franchises crossed with Dynasty Warriors.
« on: October 01, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »
Now that Zelda has mixed with Dynasty Warriors, what other franchise would you like to see get that treatment?

I wouldn't mind seeing...
Halo - Why not? It would be cool seeing Master Chief mowing down dozens and dozens of Grunts and Elites among other enemies in the Halo universe. Would also be interesting to see guns used in a game like DW to. There would be Energy swords to.

Mortal Kombat - How cool would it be to see Raiden Plow through bad guys with his Flying attack or Scorpion taking his mask off and to burn 50 guys? Sounds pretty sweet to me and it would also be the bloodiest DW style game.

The Warriors(1979 film) - Eh, why not?

argyle

Re: Other franchises crossed with Dynasty Warriors.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:15:06 pm »
Final Fantasy - A huge cast of interesting, memorable characters to choose from and a very nice mix of iconic weapons and magics.  Seems like a match made in heaven to me.  :)  And maybe since Koei is already working with S-E on the Dragon Quest crossover it could be a possibility?

Mario Universe - This one would be wild, but I can think of tons of very cool possibilities for it.  Again, a very large cast of characters and a very unique setting.  This really should happen!

Those are the two that immediately come to mind. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:27:45 pm »
I feel like it only really works in a melee weapon sort of situation for the most part, so I would say like...Brutal Legend, which would be amazing.  That game is very familiar to it right away, so it wouldn't be a very hard transfer into that setting.  Would be so great lol

Final Fantasy would be pretty cool too as they could do it in a cross-dimensional way to get characters from the entire series in it, like how Hyrule Warriors uses time travel.  I'm there with Mario also.  I wasn't entirely sure at first, but imagining Bowsers Koopa Troopas and goombas going against toads would be pretty fun lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:29:39 pm by kamikazekeeg »

spac316

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 06:41:17 pm »
I thought of one...

Lord of the Rings! That would fit well. Slaughtering hordes of Orc's and battling large Trolls! It would also be interesting to see them make a game with more of a western fantasy influence.

And the subject of popular classics,
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Golden Axe
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:44:18 pm by spac316 »

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:16 pm »
Romance of the Three Kingdoms!

Oh wait

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:33:25 pm »
The Marvel Universe. Thor and The Hulk mowing down hundreds of baddies. I'm in
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:18:26 pm by turf »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again Fire Emblem

Like Turf said the Marvel universe
maybe also one based on DC (based on the justice league?)

let's see
Soul Calibur
Tales of series
Legacy of Kain
Rayman? (kinda like how the original Raving Rabbids trailer looked?)
Persona could be an interesting choice

Berserk

soera

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 09:03:35 am »
I would definitely enjoy seeing an MK or Marvel one. And isnt there already a Lord of the rings game with this style of play?

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:55 am »
I would definitely enjoy seeing an MK or Marvel one. And isnt there already a Lord of the rings game with this style of play?

You mean LOTR: Return of the King?

Eh... it's definitely not as easy to play or as free-flowy as the Musou series. Apparently there's another called War for the Ring but I never played that one.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 12:02:57 pm »
The Marvel Universe. Thor and The Hulk mowing down hundreds of baddies. I'm in

They have to throw in boss-battle, too, if it's a Marvel game. But I'd be down.

How about the DC one, too? Imagine leading the GL Corps against the armies of Darkseid.

spac316

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 03:05:19 pm »
Oh hell yeah, Berserk! I would love to play as Guts cutting up dozens of enemies with his big ass sword!

I also thought of Mega Man. That would be cool to fight dozens of robots then the Robot Masters. It should also have every Mega Man incarnation. Like Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Battle Network, Zero and ZX, etc.

spac316

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »
Dude, No More Heroes! That would be awesome! Running around as Travis Touchdown, Shinobu and Henry Cooldown among others would be so sweet!

spac316

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 04:06:54 am »
Killer Instinct! Yeah, performing Ultra Combos on a dozen bad guys!