Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 33060 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:34 pm »
Picked these up at Gamestop today...

For $7 each I'll take a chance on em.

To all the folks who convinced me to give FF XIII a try... I hope you are proud of yourselves.

foxhack

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:23 pm »
Welp, guess you get to start the thread for the month! *splits*

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:07:27 am »
Welp, guess you get to start the thread for the month! *splits*

Ha! Missed that today was the 1st. Thank you!

davifus

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:26:21 am »

To all the folks who convinced me to give FF XIII a try... I hope you are proud of yourselves.

Good Luck

Like I said Don't stray away from the game too much or you'll lose the fluidity with the battle systems (As in changing classes during a fight). Try not to get mad at the constant X mashing and enjoy the plot and the Fantastic OST.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 01:05:00 am »

I thought Other M was awesome despite how much hate it gets from the core Metroid fanbase.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 01:05:52 am »
Picked up my third Wii U game tonight (at least physical release Wii u game). Got Super Mario 3D World.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 01:12:51 am »
Picked up my third Wii U game tonight (at least physical release Wii u game). Got Super Mario 3D World.

Be sure to share your thoughts on that after you've played it.

I'm debating whether to get the Wii U with Super Mario Bros and Super Luigi or the one with Super Mario 3D World.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:13:52 am »

I'm debating whether to get the Wii U with Super Mario Bros and Super Luigi or the one with Super Mario 3D World.

For $7 I am willing to roll the dice with Other M. hopefully I am pleasantly surprised with it like I was with Prime.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:15:51 am by dashv »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 01:14:13 am »

abe

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 05:56:12 am »

I thought Other M was awesome despite how much hate it gets from the core Metroid fanbase.

One of the biggest problems I had with Other M was being forced to use the d-pad on the Wiimote to run around in a 3D environment. Would it have really been that difficult to just add a few control schemes?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 08:58:12 am »

I own all 3 games and I personally enjoyed Super Luigi U a lot. Mario 3D World is really good too, but especially fun when playing with others. My suggestion would be that since Super Luigi U is only $30, get the bundle with Mario 3D World and buy Luigi U separately :) But that's my opinion. New Super Mario U is great, but it's very similar to every other New Super Mario, so if you have them already, there's no hurry to get the U version in my opinion.

argyle

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 09:07:18 am »

FFXIII isn't the one of those you should be concerned about, it's that abomination known as Other M.  :o

I added My Sims Kingdoms to my "look for" list this week because it looks interesting - if you get to put any time into that one I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 12:05:52 pm »
Other M was admittedly not as good as the Prime games or the 2D games in the series. But an "abomination"? I think that's a bit strong. I still enjoyed the game, and it still had that Nintendo-level of polish to it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:17 pm »
The My Sims Kingdom I purchased for my Wife. She a big Sims fan. I'll post her thoughts on it once she's spent some time with it.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 10:22:36 pm »
Other M was admittedly not as good as the Prime games or the 2D games in the series. But an "abomination"? I think that's a bit strong. I still enjoyed the game, and it still had that Nintendo-level of polish to it.

I strongly disagree.  I hated that game - HATED it.  Everything about it - the story was atrocious, the weird 1st person segments where you had to click on some random object sucked, the combat was ok but didn't feel like Metroid at all.  And it felt like what it was to me - not a Nintendo game, but a Team Ninja game.  A developer that IMO is HIGHLY overrated.  Meh, I'm glad some of you guys got some enjoyment out of it, but I didn't like it at all.  I want to pick it back up just to have it in my collection since it IS technically a Metroid game, but I can't bring myself to spend $7 on it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis