Author Topic: Are there any truly rare games yet from the PS3 or 360?  (Read 10390 times)

argyle

Are there any truly rare games yet from the PS3 or 360?
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:27:58 am »
I'm not talking about Collector's Editions - we all know about Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition & super rare CE's like the ones for Kingdoms of Amalur, Drakengard 3 or Uncharted 2. But the actual games in those sets are identical to the very common ones sold individually, so it's really the extras that are rare - not the games.

So what games truly rare or at least uncommon yet?  These are the ones off the top of my head, and I'd call these more uncommon than rare:

PS3:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2
Afrika
Cross Edge

360:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold
...maybe Culdcept Saga or Bullet Witch?

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Are there any truly rare games yet from the PS3 or 360?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:35:03 am »
I guess that a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2G (LE...or not LE:) is gonna' pretty much be insta-rare.

Is Cross Edge really that rare now?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:21 am »
I guess that a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2G (LE...or not LE:) is gonna' pretty much be insta-rare.

Is Cross Edge really that rare now?

Well I don't think any of those are really rare (except *maybe* Afrika & MVU Gold) but rather uncommon - it took me a bit to find a complete Cross Edge in the wild, and I seem to remember someone else here having the same problem.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 11:48:50 am »
NA releases (PS3):
HD collections(Silent Hill)
Heavenly Sword
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
Guided Fate Paradox
Folklore
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 if no reprints happen ( i stand corrected)
3D Dot Game Heroes
NCAA Basketball 2010
Imports:
Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweet Double Pack
Ketsui PS3 LE
Aquanauts Holiday
Arland Atlier Trilogy
DDP SDOJ Super Limited Edition
Cave Shooting Collection
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:11:46 pm by maximo310 »

argyle

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 11:53:15 am »
Hrm, imports are a whole new ball of wax. :P I'd definitely like to hear about some imports that it would be worth my time to track down while I still can, but my point here was to see if there were any NA games that I should be finding sooner rather than later.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 12:39:00 pm »
NBA Elite 11
Tornado Outbreak
Where the Wild Things Are
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Uncharted 2 Collector's Edition
Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Collector's Edition
and Infamous 2 Collecto's Edition are all rare/uncommon/expensive/inexpensive games on Ps3

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:37 pm »
Hrm, imports are a whole new ball of wax. :P I'd definitely like to hear about some imports that it would be worth my time to track down while I still can, but my point here was to see if there were any NA games that I should be finding sooner rather than later.  ;)
Sorry about it, I thought the topic was about rare stuff for the systems, from anywhere. I'll just mostly stick to NA releases for this stuff then and revise my list.

argyle

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 01:22:08 pm »
Sorry about it, I thought the topic was about rare stuff for the systems, from anywhere. I'll just mostly stick to NA releases for this stuff then and revise my list.

Well like I said, I'm interested in imports as well, but that is probably a subject big enough for its own thread. :D Sadly, by the time I discovered Aquanaut's Holiday it was already out of my price range.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »
*To be taken w/ several grains of salt*

and

consider the source (FWIW, I have no idea where they get some of these numbers from...but, IMO they're Waaaay off) -

According to Gamesradar (their radar must be broken); but...for your humor, edification, amusement, & consideration  ::)

http://www.gamesradar.com/most-valuable-ps3-games/#id_comment

What...the what?  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 02:20:06 pm »
This is a good topic - Gamestops are filled to the brim with PS3 and 360 games but I just don't see any that stick out as being rare.

If anything, I tried to pick up a few items that were exclusive to the platform, but there aren't too many of those these days.

Culdcept Saga took a little bit of work, but I was able to find that in a local store eventually.  I still see Infinite Undiscovery and Lost Odyssey around as well, but I feel like that one might get harder to find down the road, as will a CIB version of Blue Dragon.

A black label copy of Ni No Kuni might even be of worth later down the line, but other than that, I'm usually grasping at straws at the store and just decide to wait it out a bit longer.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:23:46 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »
*To be taken w/ several grains of salt*

and

consider the source (FWIW, I have no idea where they get some of these numbers from...but, IMO they're Waaaay off) -

According to Gamesradar (their radar must be broken); but...for your humor, edification, amusement, & consideration  ::)

http://www.gamesradar.com/most-valuable-ps3-games/#id_comment

What...the what?  :o

Yeah, I saw that list the other day - a very odd one. And again, I personally think throwing CE's into the discussion changes the topic altogether. I honestly wonder how many of these CE's will hold their value over the long haul? Maybe more than I think - but I'm just wanting to know what games I should be on the lookout for, not what swag I should get with them. ;) Believe me, I have my fair share of CE's! :o

What brought this question to mind is that since I've started collecting for the Wii earlier this year I've discovered that there are a TON of obscure/hard to track down and GOOD games for it. I don't expect either of the other two to have that amount of obscure games, because honestly even tho the Wii was the best selling console it had the worst selling 3rd party software, and all anyone seemed to buy was shovelware. So that pretty much made any good game that wasn't published by Nintendo somewhat rare, because they just plain didn't sell. That didn't happen on the PS3/360 - but still, I'm sure there are some games that fell through the cracks.

maximo310

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 03:45:26 pm »

Well like I said, I'm interested in imports as well, but that is probably a subject big enough for its own thread. :D Sadly, by the time I discovered Aquanaut's Holiday it was already out of my price range.
Alright, then I'll probably create a thread in a while about it then, because of the sheer amount of stuff that you can get, especially considering how 98% of PS3 is region free, while there is a decent amount of region free 360 games.

argyle

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 03:55:21 pm »

Alright, then I'll probably create a thread in a while about it then, because of the sheer amount of stuff that you can get, especially considering how 98% of PS3 is region free, while there is a decent amount of region free 360 games.

Awesome - I know I already have about 6 import games on my PS3 wishlist, but most of those are games that were only released digitally in the US. I also have a few import Wii games I want to pickup, all of those being games that were never released in the US at all. I both anticipate and dread adding more to my wishlists. :P

maximo310

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 03:59:36 pm »

Awesome - I know I already have about 6 import games on my PS3 wishlist, but most of those are games that were only released digitally in the US. I also have a few import Wii games I want to pickup, all of those being games that were never released in the US at all. I both anticipate and dread adding more to my wishlists. :P
Well, I'm thinking that in addition to contributing ideas for these imports, I can also create a Google Doc to store the info on these games with pricing ranges( price+shipping) from websites as well to give a better feel on how much the real cost of importing this stuff, since there pretty few shops that have a good selection of import games, especially from the last couple of generations.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 04:03:23 pm »
Well, I'm thinking that in addition to contributing ideas for these imports, I can also create a Google Doc to store the info on these games with pricing ranges( price+shipping) from websites as well to give a better feel on how much the real cost of importing this stuff, since there pretty few shops that have a good selection of import games, especially from the last couple of generations.

Very cool - I have very few sources that I know of for imports, so I'd love to see some others as well as some general prices. :)