Author Topic: Video Game Box Protectors - Are These Any Good?  (Read 2336 times)

Video Game Box Protectors - Are These Any Good?
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:55:41 pm »
Slow week, so I thought I might ask a question. :)

Anyone have experience with these? They're cheap, and look nice, but I was just wanting to see if anyone would/would not recommend them. I have a few special editions and old NES boxes that really need to be properly stored.

http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/

Re: Video Game Box Protectors - Are These Any Good?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »
I personally keep all of my boxed games in these cases from this exact website and I would highly recommend them.  Even boxes in bad condition look nice through these and it keeps them surprisingly safer and I hate to admit it but I've dropped boxed games before and dented the boxes but I've also dropped them with these boxes on and they remained fine. 

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »
There is no reason not to go with these guys. I have purchased hundreds of protectors from them and they are fantastic.

A+. Highly Recommend. Great Seller. Will do business again. Etc.

scott

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 01:19:42 pm »
I have all my boxed Castlevania games in these protectors, they are great! I bought mine via their ebay store.  I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to protect their boxed games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:40:49 pm »
That site is fantastic! I love the protectors to store and display/protect games. They work great for steelbooks. I've even used some of the special edition PS2 sizes to protect odd shaped games like the limited edition of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix or Witcher 2 Enhanced edition. They're not an exact fit but it keeps them from getting smooshed on the shelf.
The other site I've used is http://www.retroprotection.com/ who has more specialty sizes for games like the boxed versions of Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver or Mario All Stars Wii.
Can't go wrong with either.  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:06:45 pm by Limeface »

cobraseph

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 01:48:05 pm »
they good. i have a couple of those (friend gave them to me) and they do the job right. price is fair also. right now i am thinking on buying some for ps1.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »
Sounds good! I've got a few limited editions that really need a box, so I'll have to put in an order for some of these soon.  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:19:58 pm »
Oo, this might be a good way to keep my GBA/GBC items intact... I don't have a lot of them, but the few I do, I'd like to keep them protected.

What do you all do for oddly sized game items?  For instance, I have WarioWare Twisted that's larger than regular GBA boxes and some PS2 LEs are sized differently to accommodate their goodies.

Edit: Oh, I just saw the PS2 case they have that's twice the width of a regular box to hold some special editions.  But I have a feeling that some items still won't fit in that case.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:21:30 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 04:25:26 pm »
I don't worry about odd shaped games.

I thought F-1 Race would fit in a NES case, but it's just a smidge different that it won't work. So I just leave it out of a protector.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 01:50:08 pm »
I'll add my opinion to this thread. Those protectors, and that site specifically, are great. Definitely high quality stuff at a really good price.
Currently Playing: The Witcher