Author Topic: Twitch  (Read 1839 times)

retroone

Twitch
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »
Just out of curiosity does anyone have a Twitch account? I have been watching a lot of Twitch lately and would love to see you guys stream. Here's mine but I still have yet to stream: http://bit.ly/GGEFTwitch

desocietas

Re: Twitch
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:33:39 pm »
I was wondering where I got that follow from, ha!  I have it in my signature, but my Twitch channel is www.twitch.tv/desocietas

Just did a dual cast with my BF for The Typing of the Dead: Overkill... If he can get past me typing faster than him, we might do another cast tonight or tomorrow night   ::)

Otherwise, I've been using my DS (modded with a capture card) for streams and usually play RPGs and such.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:35:20 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 05:48:38 pm »
I was wondering where I got that follow from, ha!  I have it in my signature, but my Twitch channel is www.twitch.tv/desocietas

Just did a dual cast with my BF for The Typing of the Dead: Overkill... If he can get past me typing faster than him, we might do another cast tonight or tomorrow night   ::)

Otherwise, I've been using my DS (modded with a capture card) for streams and usually play RPGs and such.

What do y'all use to stream?  I'm looking at getting an El Gato HD. Any input?

retroone

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:02:20 pm »

What do y'all use to stream?  I'm looking at getting an El Gato HD. Any input?
My mind is set on the Elgato too. From reviews I saw it easy to use and REALLY HD. The PS4 has Twitch built in ( with additional camera of course). I you want to get one it will be a great buy. You can also use it on the Retron5!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 06:05:55 pm »
I'm looking to use it for Playing Games With The Boy and First Runs. It has composite in, doesn't it?

retroone

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 06:23:28 pm »
I'm looking to use it for Playing Games With The Boy and First Runs. It has composite in, doesn't it?
It has HDMI in and Componet in mainly for PS3. I also belive there is a way to use a PC with it. Sadly no Composite unless your able to upscale it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 06:38:09 pm »
It has HDMI in and Componet in mainly for PS3. I also belive there is a way to use a PC with it. Sadly no Composite unless your able to upscale it.

I'm glad you said that. I was going to get one. Is there something I can use to record and stream nes and snes stuff?

retroone

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 06:41:06 pm »

I'm glad you said that. I was going to get one. Is there something I can use to record and stream nes and snes stuff?
Not unless you use the big E or you could use a Retron5 with its HDMI in port.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 07:39:24 pm »

Well, that sucks. What about the one they claim is for converting VHS to digital?  Could I use that to at least record? If you don't know, that's fine.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 07:52:58 pm »
My bf has an Elgato, and it's great!  There are a few things it's finicky about, but for the most part it works great.

This page should help you with what the capture card is compatible with and how to make it work:

http://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020266-what-game-consoles-can-work-with-elgato-game-capture-hd-

From what I saw in there, you should be able to capture NES titles just fine.

Even with that list, don't assume that you can't stream a certain device because it's not on there.  I've hunted around on the internet and found that I could stream my PSP-3000 through the Elgato as well with the correct cables (component).

Also, if you want to stream PC games, no need to have a capture card!  You can just use OBS (https://obsproject.com/) which is free and fairly easy to use.  The hardest part is probably the settings, and that's going to be different for each person and their system specs, but usually Twitch folks are really nice about helping answer those questions when you ask.  The Twitch site itself also has a page on how to setup your OBS for streaming.

If anything, for PC streaming, your rig should be of a decent quality - my old home-built computer of about 4 years ago was decent for playing Steam games (usually at low-to-mid settings) but couldn't handle having the game up and OBS at the same time.  OBS isn't that CPU-intensive - my computer was just not up to specs to be able to handle both programs simultaneously.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

retroone

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »
I use a VCR all the time so feel free!

Well, that sucks. What about the one they claim is for converting VHS to digital?  Could I use that to at least record? If you don't know, that's fine.

retroone

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 08:00:27 pm »
Here you go, Turf with some research I found this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVAZHZQFqME

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 08:32:16 pm »

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 11:19:15 am »
Followed!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 11:36:29 am »
Interesting topic.

Have any of you PS4 owners done anything with this yet?

How's it work & how complicated is it to get everything set up & running right?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"