Author Topic: Dynasty warrior help  (Read 541 times)

Dynasty warrior help
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »
im a little confused when it comes to these games, parts 3-7 have extreme legends. these are just expansions? they just have extra stuff and i need the original game? I'm just looking to play the story, i got part 8 extreme legends complete edition so I'm assuming its the game plus extras. am i right or wrong so far?

argyle

Re: Dynasty warrior help
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 09:00:00 am »
The Xtreme Legends games ARE expansion packs - they can be played stand-alone, but you get the full benefit from them if you own the original game as well. The DW8 complete edition contains both the original game & Xtreme Legends expansion built into one, you get the full options & benefits from both.  Dynasty Warriors 3 was the first to have an Xtreme Legends expansion, and every DW game since then has had one EXCEPT for DW6.

Dynasty Warriors: Empires games have a somewhat more tactical side. The battles themselves are pretty much the same, but in-between battles you have options to ally with or against other nations, move troops, invade, etc. These are fully stand-alone games and do not require or benefit from owning their numbered counterparts at all.  Dynasty Warriors 4 was the first to get an Empires counterpart, and all DW games since then have had one.

There are 2 Dynasty Tactics games on the PS2, these are even more tactical in nature.

Then there are the spin-offs, the main two being Samurai Warriors (which is set in Japan, as the name implies) and Warriors Orochi (which is a combination of Dynasty & Samurai Warriors w/ supernatural enemies mixed in. There are lots more, just let me know if you want to hear about them all. ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis