Author Topic: Amiibo's and what they open.  (Read 782 times)

theflea

Amiibo's and what they open.
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:27:04 pm »
I bought a set of Amiibo figures but I don't want to open them, But I thought about buying one to open that unlocks cool stuff in games. I really don't care to buy all figures again if they don't open anything and are just for leveling up in SSB.

If you know what each figure does (other then leveling it up in battles) please list in this forum.
Like In Mario Kart 8 Mario opens a new paint job or in SSB it opens a new color for character. Kinda want to know which figures open anything cool.

Thanks.  :) 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Re: Amiibo's and what they open.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:57:40 pm »
Not all the figures work with Mario Kart 8. Full list here. In MK8 they unlock skins for Mii racers.

In Smash Bros. they don't really unlock anything. When you connect an Amiibo you're able to "level" them up. Info here.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:05:03 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:34:13 pm »
Link I would say opens up the most so far.  That's Smash Bros by default though no unlocks, Mario Kart 8 costume, and a new weapon in Hyrule Warriors for him to use.  Most of the rest of the popular Smash Bros open costumes in Mario Kart 8.  All amiibo's seems to give bonus weapon unlocks in Hyrule Warriors once a day, which aren't new weapons if you are unfamiliar with how Hyrule Warriors do weapons.

The rest of the games coming up in the immediate future that utilize amiibo's are Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.  No clue what they bring yet for those games.  We will probably here about Captain Toad soon since that's out on the 5th of December.

theflea

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 06:12:37 am »
thanks so far I really haven't seen anything that these do that makes me want to buy a second figure to use to open extra goodies. Maybe I'll hold out and find some extra from a garage sale. :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

karyann

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 08:36:47 am »
All of the current Amiibo work with Hyrule Warriors, but they don't all do the same thing. Characters from the Zelda series unlock weapons, and everything else will each give you a random gift once per day. I'm guessing it's things like extra money or power-ups!