Author Topic: The Gamers from GoG.com - Movie Section or Digital Section?  (Read 1114 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

The Gamers from GoG.com - Movie Section or Digital Section?
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:35:30 pm »
I just downloaded "The Gamers - Director's Cut" from GoG.com (along with Witcher 2). I was going to add it to my collection here, and it's not in the database. So I went to add it, then I wondered what section do I put it in? The Swag - Movies section, or the PC - GoG.com section?

Thoughts?

foxhack

Re: The Gamers from GoG.com - Movie Section or Digital Section?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 01:06:45 pm »
Um. I'm not sure we're even going to allow those kinds of items here. :|

*sighs*

Stick it in GOG. Choose 'other' as the genre.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 01:21:42 pm »
Um. I'm not sure we're even going to allow those kinds of items here. :|

*sighs*

Stick it in GOG. Choose 'other' as the genre.

Why not if there's an entire movie section already? And it's a gaming movie sold on a gaming site?

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 01:31:38 pm »
The database isn't set up to properly support digital non-game items like these at the moment. There's no categories or item types for them, and I haven't really created any submission guidelines to handle them either.

I do want these items to be added and catalogued here (my legit digital music collection is HUGE). What I don't want is random users adding anything they get off an illegal torrent or file sharing site as a legit item when it's not*. We have enough problems with people who add game hacks or other unlicensed, download-from-the-internet-and-burn games to the site...

* = There are legitimate uses of torrents and file sharing sites, and some devs / people use these to distribute stuff legally.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 01:50:29 pm »
The database isn't set up to properly support digital non-game items like these at the moment. There's no categories or item types for them, and I haven't really created any submission guidelines to handle them either.

I do want these items to be added and catalogued here (my legit digital music collection is HUGE). What I don't want is random users adding anything they get off an illegal torrent or file sharing site as a legit item when it's not*. We have enough problems with people who add game hacks or other unlicensed, download-from-the-internet-and-burn games to the site...

* = There are legitimate uses of torrents and file sharing sites, and some devs / people use these to distribute stuff legally.

I see. This is from GoG, though, and there is a GoG section. Everything in the GoG section would have to be legitimately sold by them, right?

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »
I see. This is from GoG, though, and there is a GoG section. Everything in the GoG section would have to be legitimately sold by them, right?

Yes, but again, we don't have a GoG movie category yet. :p

That's why I said "Choose 'other' as the genre."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 01:57:11 pm »
You know what, nevermind completely. I haven't actually seen the movie, myself. And the more I research it to track down details, I'm seeing that it's about D&D and not video games.

It was a freebie at GoG as part of the Fall sale.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 02:35:50 pm »
I heard of it then decided it wasn't worth going through all that "vote once a day" thing just to get it. :p

So okay, no problem.