Author Topic: Witcher 3 Developer Offers 16 Free DLC Packs to Make a Stand Against Pricey DLC  (Read 709 times)

Free DLC should be with all the games, like years ago - all add-ons were free!

This just makes me wish I liked The Witcher 2 more, as I just can't get into that game lol It's great how they love rewarding their customers with freebie extras.  A company like Ubisoft would just makes these 2 to 3 bucks a piece for people to get them or stretch them out as pre-order bonuses across multiple different games like the disaster that was Watchdogs.

I'm still fine for supporting developers that make quality DLC that releases after the game, which should be a working and complete product, because DLC that you have to buy isn't always a bad thing, but this really does show their love for the fans and it's a very respectful thing to do.

bobster

God I love CD Projekt. They're the best developer out there in my opinion. They don't have any DRM, create great games, and are lovers of video games just like we are. When they release a new version of an existing game (e.g. Witcher Enhanced Edition), owner's of the original get their copy upgraded for free.

Also, if any of you weren't aware, they run Good Old Games (gog.com). All games are DRM free, brings back classics and makes them compatible with modern day computers, and they'll soon be releasing a client like Steam for our libraries. I like to support these guys whenever I can.

(Sorry if I'm super fanboying over here)
Currently Playing: The Witcher

gf78

Wonderful.  Without a doubt, I will be buying the Witcher III from them.  Not only are the Witcher titles great games, but gamers need to make a statement and support companies like CD Projekt Red who treat their fans & customers with respect. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us