Author Topic: Power Rangers Short-Film - A More Adult Take  (Read 1467 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Power Rangers Short-Film - A More Adult Take
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:54:35 pm »
Did anyone see that short Power Rangers fan-made film before it was pulled? You really missed out if you didn't. A high-budget, adult take on Power Rangers that involved a high-level of violence, more in-depth characterization, and some impressive fight-scenes.

If you can dig around the internet, you might be able to still find it. But it's been pulled from YouTube, unfortunately.

"Tommy Oliver is a ghost."

retroone

Re: Power Rangers Short-Film - A More Adult Take
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:45:37 pm »
Is this it? MoviePilot Post I am a huge fan of the Power Rangers and I can't believe I didn't see this! Suck that it is now taken down because of copyright.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:01:00 pm »
Is this it? MoviePilot Post I am a huge fan of the Power Rangers and I can't believe I didn't see this! Suck that it is now taken down because of copyright.

I don't know. My virus protection is telling me not to go to that site.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 09:59:51 pm »
Yes, that's it.

I hated the Power Rangers back then, still kinda do now, and while the film was technically impressive, it was also a slap in the face to all of the fans. There are some nice touches and call backs to actors and their real lives, but what they did to Bulk and Skull (the only bits of the show that I liked, and who actually had a chance to grow up)... ugh.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 06:15:50 am »
Awesome short and I was a fan of the original show.  It still has the cheesy charm to it I think lol

This short was pretty nuts though.  I thought it was very tongue in cheek with how ridiculous and overly dark it was and was surprised to see some big actors in it lol

The video is back up if people are interested.

retroone

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

I don't know. My virus protection is telling me not to go to that site.
Thats weird it was safe on my end.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 12:36:11 pm »
Yes, that's it.

I hated the Power Rangers back then, still kinda do now, and while the film was technically impressive, it was also a slap in the face to all of the fans. There are some nice touches and call backs to actors and their real lives, but what they did to Bulk and Skull (the only bits of the show that I liked, and who actually had a chance to grow up)... ugh.

I liked Power Rangers as kid. Never watched past the original Power Rangers. But I did enjoy the originals. And as you saw, I really enjoyed this short film.

I don't really think it's disrespectful to fans because nearly all of those fans have grown up themselves. Most of them aren't going to sit down and watch Power Rangers for kids anymore. And the kids that still watch Power Rangers have no idea who most of these original characters are. I think this film director knew exactly who his target audience was and hit the nail right on the head.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 01:37:51 pm »
Saw it on facebook the other day and loved it... Also saw a DBZ one.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

azure

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:41 am »
Coming from a long-term Tokusatsu fan, I hated it. Half the fun of Toku shows is their campy and cheesy feel.