Author Topic: Cheap Plug: My Game Released on Wii U - GravBlocks+  (Read 1028 times)

Cheap Plug: My Game Released on Wii U - GravBlocks+
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »
Hey folks.  I haven't been around in a while and part of the reason is that I've been ultra busy with work, life, and of course, game development on the side, of course.

After a far longer than expected development time (we were doing this in our free time) my team, From Nothing Game Studios, has finally graduated to console development with our Wii U upgrade of GravBlocks+.

I added it to the database here, which would be obvious I should think! 

By all means, if you have a Wii U and like Match-3 puzzle games--and want something different from Bejeweled and Candy Crush, that also has a wealth of content, then look no further:  GravBlocks+ for Wii U
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:29:06 pm by evilnick »

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Cheap Plug: My Game Released on Wii U - GravBlocks+
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:38:10 am »
You have to remind me about this in a month.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 03:51:57 pm »
Sweet, congrats! If you need a spare modeler/animated hit me up. I've been looking for resume building projects. Example work

Also: I know you probably have an NDA but how hard was it to get your game on there?

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 08:20:28 pm »
That depends on your definition of "hard" or to what you are referencing.

We did this work in our "free time" while working regular 9-5 day jobs, so that part wasn't easy.
We had to go through an approval process to become a dev for Nintendo, but with some of the questionable games on the eShop lately, that's looking a little too easy.
And we basically lost money to get to this point.
Also, we were stuck in lotcheck for way, way longer than we had ever anticipated. 

So, it really depends on what kind of information you're looking for.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 08:28:42 pm »
Sweet, congrats! If you need a spare modeler/animated hit me up. I've been looking for resume building projects. Example work

Also: I know you probably have an NDA but how hard was it to get your game on there?

I checked out your work, by the way and it's good.  I don't know offhand what we'd be able to do for offering anything to anyone just yet.  The next game is shaping up to be quite large--but then, our puzzle game is pretty massive for the price and time we spent on it.  I'll try to keep you in mind.

If nothing else, shoot us an email at support AT fromnothinggamestudios.com sometime.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 08:50:56 pm »
Yeah, I meant more on the publishing side and not development. If they had to change stuff, or if had to get ESRB rated.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:53:26 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 01:32:16 pm »
Yeah, I meant more on the publishing side and not development. If they had to change stuff, or if had to get ESRB rated.

Getting an ESRB rating at our level is incredibly easy, and free, unlike my understanding of some other rating services.  We qualify as a "publisher" in Nintendo's eyes as we self-published on the system.  The hardest part of all that was simply getting through lotcheck.  It can be an... experience.