Author Topic: Just stopping by to say hi  (Read 1770 times)

Just stopping by to say hi
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »
Guys and girls,

I know it's been so long since I visited and a lot of you probably don't know or remember me, but I just wanted to drop  by and say hi to all the folks here at vgcollect. Still to this day I would rank this as the friendliest gaming community I've ever run across. Everyone was supportive of everyone and no one looked upon each others' finds with jealousy, just mutual admiration. Between work, traveling for work, and pinball, I've been a ghost around here. But I hope you're all doing really well and growing your collections with all the things you love so much.

Personally, my collection has shifted to basically Neo Geo items and new pinball machines, but the random Sega CD or Saturn game still sneaks into my collection if I can find it.

If you recognize me, I'd love to hear what the "core" crew is up to, as well as I'd love to hear from newer members and what they think of the site that reignited my love for collecting.

Good luck and happy hunting!

-Brett
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Just stopping by to say hi
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:47:32 pm »
Fairly new guy here and I love this site. Most gamer forums are full of pricks. This one is nice and friendly. No drama, no bs. Everyone respects each other.... I hope to be here for a long time.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »
Really glad to hear the community is the same.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

soera

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:09:05 pm »
Brett sucks!  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:17 pm »
brett! we miss ya, bud!  good to hear from you :) stop by soon to say hi when you have a chance.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 11:51:52 pm »
Wow! Just took a look at your neo geo stuff very cool man good to hear from you

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 12:32:43 am »
Good to hear from you Brett!  The community has managed to remain awesome and friendly and continues to grow everyday.   
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

retroone

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:39:14 am »
Hello! Glad to see you back on the site Brett!  :D

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 12:48:23 am »
There's all my old friends! Is Matt around much anymore? What about Scott?

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:21:43 am »
Hiya Brett! I also took a pretty ridiculous hiatus from this site, but a couple persuasive people convinced me to come back in and say hi a lot more often.

Yes, it's still an awesome group around here.  ;D
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

gf78

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 01:03:29 pm »
Without a doubt, nicest forum members I have "met."  Everyone here is really pretty cordial and come here because we love collecting games.  I'm not a member of other forums except the official PlayStation one, but I get so sick of seeing the Xbox vs PlayStation fanboy nonsense on sites like N4G.  I guess that's why I never joined them.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pacpix

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 10:54:38 pm »
There's all my old friends! Is Matt around much anymore? What about Scott?

Yup Matt and Scott are both still around here quite a bit.  Are you planning on sticking around and being active on the forums again soon?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 05:32:32 pm »
Well I certainly hope to get back  in that rhythm. I've just been traveling pretty consistently since last September so it's been tough to get into a normal laid back routine where I can just enjoy my games and have time to talk about them. Most weekends home were spent playing pinball or having a quick game of Destiny with friends, but work is slowing and it will surely give me more free time.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 07:21:35 pm »
Well I certainly hope to get back  in that rhythm. I've just been traveling pretty consistently since last September so it's been tough to get into a normal laid back routine where I can just enjoy my games and have time to talk about them. Most weekends home were spent playing pinball or having a quick game of Destiny with friends, but work is slowing and it will surely give me more free time.

No pressure; we've all had our times that we come and go from the site in terms of frequency, but we'll be here to welcome you when you have a chance to stop by :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas