Author Topic: Do you ever write topics/reply's you have no intention of posting?  (Read 1944 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Sometimes I'll write reply's or start a topic only to decide not to hit submit.

I'm not talking one or two lines either I mean full paragraphs. Sometimes a page!

Either because I change my mind, realize halfway through I'm wrong, I think no one will be interested, or I decide it's just not worth it.

Does that ever happen to you?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Do you ever write topics/reply's you have no intention of posting?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:04:25 am »
Sometimes I'll write reply's or start a topic only to decide not to hit submit.

I'm not talking one or two lines either I mean full paragraphs. Sometimes a page!

Either because I change my mind, realize halfway through I'm wrong, I think no one will be interested, or I decide it's just not worth it.

Does that ever happen to you?

Not on this forum so much, but on other forums yes.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

mrnikon

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:16:31 am »
I have done that a few times. I have thought about posting something but decide its too dumb to post and stop what I am doing. Sometimes its a response that I think may be a bit too sarcastic, but i bet it happens with all of us at least once.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »
I do often. Usually it's when I'm debating something, but I don't want to sound too confrontational or stand-offish to anyone here. You're all pretty nice guys/gals.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »
Never happens to me since I'm always right ;)

No seriously I'll do that from time to time and sometimes they'll be long-winded replies but after re-reading it before posting I'll decide it's too much and since I don't want to start over I'll just forget it.

retroone

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:41:38 pm »
Yes. All the time.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 03:44:17 am »
Glad I am not alone!

I almost didn't post this. ;)

mrnikon

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:02:06 am »
I do often. Usually it's when I'm debating something, but I don't want to sound too confrontational or stand-offish to anyone here. You're all pretty nice guys/gals.
Whats that supposed to mean? Are you trying to start something with me? You are being a bit too confrontational here. You are not even letting it all out stop being so..so stand-offish!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 12:57:46 pm »
I do this A lot mostly either someone else pumm howitouldforgetting what I was writing about because I had to leave mid sente... what was I writing about?  ???

Also just shown above my phone glitching out the writing when I edit and not having time to fix it while on break.

gf78

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 01:00:10 pm »
I do this A lot mostly either someone else pumm howitouldforgetting what I was writing about because I had to leave mid sente... what was I writing about?  ???

Also just shown above my phone glitching out the writing when I edit and not having time to fix it while on break.

LMAO!  Gotta love the phone autocorrect nuttiness!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 05:34:10 pm »

That's not auto-correct that was me adding in a sentence and the middle and it overwriting a part that I already wrote.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:32 am »

That's not auto-correct that was me adding in a sentence and the middle and it overwriting a part that I already wrote.

<snarky comment redacted>

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 01:16:25 pm »
Whats that supposed to mean? Are you trying to start something with me? You are being a bit too confrontational here. You are not even letting it all out stop being so..so stand-offish!

I will eat your soul.

mrnikon

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 01:30:27 pm »

I will eat your soul.
already had a few Ex GF do that so go for it!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »
I will do this all the time for a couple reasons, but the two that come up the most are...

1. I look over it and realize I'm going to end up insulting someone, this usually happens whenever I think about posting in an argument or debate or complain about anything.
2. I get way off topic.  Most recent example was I was going to post in one of the threads on here about game stores mistreating people, but after I started writing I started to branch off and complain about all the people buying all the newest stuff like majoras mask 3d and amiibos for a profit by making a monopoly on it.  So I just deleted it all since I had 2 sentences about game stores and 2 paragraphs about guys on craigslist with 13 of each amiibo and 4 majoras mask 3ds consoles :p