Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in starting a new youtube channel?  (Read 1202 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

I really adored Cinematech when I was younger and it was on G4 (god thats long gone now). But basically I would love to bring that show back. Gameplay with no voiceovers or anything other than HQ captured gameplay chunks. It would be almost impossible to do alone and I know nothing about VFX and making transitions but I would love to create a joint youtube community to showcase all of the games out there (some more middle of the road games have almost no YT videos showcasing them). Anyone interested?

Re: Would anyone be interested in starting a new youtube channel?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 07:14:07 pm »
I really adored Cinematech when I was younger and it was on G4 (god thats long gone now). But basically I would love to bring that show back. Gameplay with no voiceovers or anything other than HQ captured gameplay chunks. It would be almost impossible to do alone and I know nothing about VFX and making transitions but I would love to create a joint youtube community to showcase all of the games out there (some more middle of the road games have almost no YT videos showcasing them). Anyone interested?

I wouldn't mind chipping in. ^.^ I don't do let's plays because recording commentary is a bit of a hassle right now, so this might be a good alternative. I'd love to record some more of This War of Mine.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:18:07 pm »
Sure!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 12:57:56 pm »
If you guys are in I would love to do an episode and maybe upload it to the retroreload channel (if dashV lets us). For the first episode I'd definitely want to do footage of launch titles to go along with the launch theme. If you guys have any of these and want to collaborate let me know and I can let you know what I'm looking for in footage!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

I'm probably going to do footage of
Fantavision - PS2
House of the Dead 2, The - DC
ESPN Extreme Games - PS1

Probably looking to have footage of 15 games and will probably pair that down to 10 for the final cut. Obviously I'd let all collaborators have creative vision and show it to them for approval before releasing it. If anyone is interested please post here or PM me! I really want to create this!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:00:55 pm by tafk »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 03:06:02 pm »
If you guys are in I would love to do an episode and maybe upload it to the retroreload channel (if dashV lets us). For the first episode I'd definitely want to do footage of launch titles to go along with the launch theme. If you guys have any of these and want to collaborate let me know and I can let you know what I'm looking for in footage!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

I'm probably going to do footage of
Fantavision - PS2
House of the Dead 2, The - DC
ESPN Extreme Games - PS1

Probably looking to have footage of 15 games and will probably pair that down to 10 for the final cut. Obviously I'd let all collaborators have creative vision and show it to them for approval before releasing it. If anyone is interested please post here or PM me! I really want to create this!

We can certainly add a channel and/or playlist for playthroughs. The only thing to be careful of (hopefully turf or someone can chime in here).

Some companies *cough* Nintendo *cough* Sega were issuing takedown notices to folks last year for play throughs. Some accounts even got completely shutdown.

I don't have any issues with retroreloaded being associated with the play throughs. My only concern would be with the entire podcast channel getting shut down because of one of them.

I think as long as we don't try to monetize it we'll be okay.

If in doubt Google it first.

"Game name +takedown"

If it comes back clear then full steam ahead. :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:09:53 pm by dashv »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 03:13:51 pm »
My show wouldn't be playthroughs so much as how old Cinemassacre was. Showcases of cutscenes/gameplay of various games usually surrounding a theme and only for a few minutes each game.

But I get what you mean ;)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:07:17 am »
My show wouldn't be playthroughs so much as how old Cinemassacre was. Showcases of cutscenes/gameplay of various games usually surrounding a theme and only for a few minutes each game.

Gotcha! :)

Me and the other podcast admins talked offline about baking in support for video stuffs outside of the show. We're working on a couple of options behind the scenes.

We'll keep you posted!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 10:06:58 am »

Gotcha! :)

Me and the other podcast admins talked offline about baking in support for video stuffs outside of the show. We're working on a couple of options behind the scenes.

We'll keep you posted!

Yeah man! If you wanted you could even show these weekly as your show break in the middle or something. Trying to keep it like 10-15 min long. Just need some more collaborators  :o

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 10:47:32 am »
For those of you who missed the podcast, since these two will seem to be connected together in some way, shape or form.

For those of you looking for it:

Monday's, East Coast Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGOOOeWfMSI

Tuesday, West Coast Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVrr_cFgWOs

Make sure to like all our videos and sub. :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730