Author Topic: Find of the Month (March 2015)  (Read 1481 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Find of the Month (March 2015)
« on: March 22, 2015, 09:55:00 pm »
Hey y'all,

We talked about this in the past in the finds thread but I'll be compiling this for our first ever find of the month thread. Please submit all entries in this thread. Reference can be here from the thread here http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5945.0.html

Some rules

• You can submit an entry for yourself or someone else
  • Each find consists of a specific trip, not your entire lot for the month
  • Each submission must have a write-up as to why you think its the best find of the month

Have fun everyone. I will set up a poll on the 30th of March to vote! Good luck y'all

rayne315

Re: Find of the Month (March 2015)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:48:46 pm »
I was bored the 21st and as there are no old video game stores around me I decided to hit up the 5 or 6 pawn shops close to me.
The first 3 didnt have any old cart based games so I moved on. the 4th pawn shop I stopped at had a few old games but nothing to gawk at I think I purchased 5 for $4 3 sports for nes one space shooter and a platformer and moved on.
The fifth and last one of the day had a decent shelf with atari, sega, and nintendo carts and a few shelves of xbox and playstation and wii. But the prices were bad $10 a cart, $10 ps2, wii, and original xbox, $25 ps3, xbox360 and $50 anything else. After searching through it all looking to see if there were any good games (there weren't) I turned around to walk out the door and on a rack in with the dvd players and such there was something red that cought my eye, it was a Virtual boy that looked like it was just removed from the box with 3 bundled games. So I grabbed it up want to the counter and asked the price on it. $75. I woulda bought it right there but i wanted to play it so bad I asked if I could test it first. They pulled out a box of batteries and started looking for the 6 double a's to turn it on.. They could only find 5. lol 1 short so I said how much for it untested and the guy came back "50 bucks out the door". DEAL!! So I purchased it and went straight home to fire it up to see if it worked, but in the perfect condition it was in there was no doubt in my mind. I fired it up and perfect sound perfect images perfect everything!!!
Only complaint was that it didn't have the box lol.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »
I was bored the 21st and as there are no old video game stores around me I decided to hit up the 5 or 6 pawn shops close to me.
The first 3 didnt have any old cart based games so I moved on. the 4th pawn shop I stopped at had a few old games but nothing to gawk at I think I purchased 5 for $4 3 sports for nes one space shooter and a platformer and moved on.
The fifth and last one of the day had a decent shelf with atari, sega, and nintendo carts and a few shelves of xbox and playstation and wii. But the prices were bad $10 a cart, $10 ps2, wii, and original xbox, $25 ps3, xbox360 and $50 anything else. After searching through it all looking to see if there were any good games (there weren't) I turned around to walk out the door and on a rack in with the dvd players and such there was something red that cought my eye, it was a Virtual boy that looked like it was just removed from the box with 3 bundled games. So I grabbed it up want to the counter and asked the price on it. $75. I woulda bought it right there but i wanted to play it so bad I asked if I could test it first. They pulled out a box of batteries and started looking for the 6 double a's to turn it on.. They could only find 5. lol 1 short so I said how much for it untested and the guy came back "50 bucks out the door". DEAL!! So I purchased it and went straight home to fire it up to see if it worked, but in the perfect condition it was in there was no doubt in my mind. I fired it up and perfect sound perfect images perfect everything!!!
Only complaint was that it didn't have the box lol.

Got a picture to go with the story?

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »
I'll put it on later tonight when im off work

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 03:54:34 pm »
A buddy I work with knows that Im into gaming. He gave me a box a couple days ago and said I would probably want them. I opened it and its about 200 e-reader cards. :D Its almost an entire complete set for free.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:03 pm »
Lol how do I post an image on here? Thanks in advance!

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
Lol how do I post an image on here? Thanks in advance!

Here's an example. This:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MWxi55l.jpg[/img]
Will result in this:

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)