Author Topic: Make genres clickable and display other games on that system in that genre  (Read 719 times)

I don't know if it's possible, but I think it would be cool to make the the genre on a game's page clickable, which contains all games on the same console in that genre.

EG: I just added F.E.A.R. on the Xbox 360 to my collection, and it would be cool to be able to click "Survival Horror" and see what other games on that system have been put in the same genre. I think it could be a cool and useful way of finding out about games that we might not be aware of.

indenton

A way to search by genre would be cool, then again that would bring up thousand s of results anyway.  So at that point you would need more filtering in place (genre, region, age rating) to bring up any relevant search results.  sounds like far too much trouble, maybe not. 

How about this, here's the scenario :
I've clicked on the Browse page, scrolled down to Sega Genesis / MegaDrive, I've clicked on Megadrive (EU) and the list comes up.

Page 1 - 688 Attack Sub, AAAHH!! Real monsters, Adamms Family Values, etc. 

Pretty simple numeric order through to alphabetical order, but I remember a friend playing a sweet looking shoot 'em up ages ago, but I can't remember the name of it. 
I could use a list filter towards the top of the page (maybe above the page number select) to show shoot 'em up only.  Ah there it is, I recognise it now, it was 'Gunstar Heroes'.  Tick > Add to Wish List. 

Pretty similar to what you said Olly, I suppose.  Anyway, just a suggestion

indenton

ohh wait a minute, I wouldn't of found 'Gunstar Heroes' because it's not a shoot 'em up. 

sweatycowch

I would at least like genre to be included with the exported results. I exported my collection and am adding genre by hand in excel