Author Topic: Completing a Collection  (Read 2806 times)

abe

Completing a Collection
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:33:15 pm »
I've done a quick search for previous threads, and this topic doesn't seem to have come up any time recently, so I'll ask...

If you were going to complete any game collection for any console/handheld, which would it be? This about what you want most, forget the rarity or prices, what would you think would be the most satisfying to have a complete collection for? Please, no lame answers like "hurr I don't want to ever complete a collection", this thread is about what you would go for if you had to choose one.

Of course, I'll go first. :) I'd like to go for a complete GameCube collection because of the quality of the library. There's plenty of good exclusives and good multi-platform games, and not nearly as much shovelware as some other systems (the PS2 and DS in particular). I love my GameCube. :) The PS2 is an awesome system, but there's too many crappy sports games and shovelware for me to want to have a complete collection.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

Re: Completing a Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »
Y'know, I think it would be kinda cool to have a complete PSP library. Just talking games here of course, I'd have no interest in owning all those UMD movies. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

silversyx

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 03:57:02 pm »
The Wii U probably, like the reason you said about the Gamecube, there's not a ton of shovel ware. The Wii U is doing so poorly that there are no sports games!

N64 and Saturn are pretty cool too because they have less than 300 games in both their US collections so it seems a little more achievable than say a PS2 collection with over 2000 games.

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »
I just recently completed an SMS set. I am not terribly interested in any other set.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:38:19 pm »
Well, I'd like to complete my US Gameboy collection, since that's the one I'm working on.  It's hard to find an accurate, complete list of US releases, but it's somewhere between 510-520.  I'm only at 368.  The other one I always thought would be cool is a complete Lynx collection, since there aren't so many games!

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:08:24 pm »
I'm working on completing  a Gamecube set , which is probably the second easiest set if I don't count players choice/combo stuff, for NA its about 550 games, which isn't too bad.  I may do a complete Wii U set in the future depending how things turn out.
Wii and DS seems near impossible to complete, just because of the sheer amount of games released on both systems that total at least 1500+ releases alone in NA for each system I think.

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:13:02 pm »
Nintendo 64.  It's a console I personally love and it also isn't a terribly crazy collection to get with its relatively small library of games.  It's basically the only system collection I plan to try and complete eventually.  Only have about 40 games, most loose carts, but I'll get there someday.

devancowan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 05:28:22 pm »
I would have to say the gamecube for reasons you mentioned above. There's some great games and a lot of them you can play with friends. There's also not so many sports games and random junky games like the DS and other systems!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:01:39 pm »
NES.
I'm so close. It's going to happen unless something crazy happens. I may even save up for Stadium Events. Wait... I'm not a complete moron.

retroone

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 03:43:01 pm »
Probably the Atari 2600 due to how simplistic and cheap most of the games are. If not then I would probably chose the GameCube because of all of the good ol memories.  ;)

silversyx

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 03:53:37 pm »
NES.
I'm so close. It's going to happen unless something crazy happens. I may even save up for Stadium Events. Wait... I'm not a complete moron.

Whaaat? You don't have an arm, leg, and the blood of a virgin to give for a copy?  :o

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 04:55:57 pm »
NES.

Whaaat? You don't have an arm, leg, and the blood of a virgin to give for a copy?  :o

I have World Class Track Meet.  That's close enough.

argyle

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 06:37:45 pm »
NES.

I have World Class Track Meet.  That's close enough.

Just grab a second copy of WCTM & a custom label. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »
I traded my Stadium events for World class track meet. Why have a stadium when you can have the world!!!!

silversyx

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:18 pm »
I traded my Stadium events for World class track meet. Why have a stadium when you can have the world!!!!

This post made me cringe  :o