Author Topic: Club Nintendo Gold and Platinum Status Prizes are Here!  (Read 1784 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Club Nintendo Gold and Platinum Status Prizes are Here!
« on: April 01, 2015, 02:36:55 pm »
But the site seems to be down for maintenance at the moment, lol. So I haven't been able to sign in to see what they are. Word is they are digital downloads, this time.

pacpix

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: Club Nintendo Gold and Platinum Status Prizes are Here!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 02:43:41 pm »
Per Neogaf Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:56 pm »
Bah! I need DK: Tropical Freeze and SM Galaxy 2, and I only made Gold!

I have like everything on Gold status I want already. Except SMB Deluxe, but I mean I already have SMB on NES and a remake via All-Stars. Do I really need a 3rd version of the same game?

It's cool they have free stuff for us, don't get me wrong, I just wish there was something I could use more.

abe

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:04:53 pm »
I thought they'd do something a bit more special for the very last elite rewards, but I guess not.  :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 03:20:50 pm »
Not too much jumping out at me, though that Animal Crossing might be the thing to get.  Haven't played one in forever.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »
Honestly, the rewards have gone downhill every year.  In my humble opinion, it's pretty much a slap in the face to offer digital download codes for the final Platinum prize and it's been going this way for a while now.  What happened to cool stuff like the Luigi statue?  Hell, even a Mario coin would be something nice.  And the physical items they do have are garbage like Mr. Grill hand or a set of posters.  Again, just my opinion.  I just feel it's a $hitty way to treat people who buy your games in large enough quantity to have enough points for a prize, take time to do the registration and take time to do the surveys which are all pretty lengthy. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:53:37 pm »
I don't understand why everyone thinks free games are a bad prize. I'd rather have an actual game than some stupid little Yoshi figure or something. My problem is just that I have a lot of them already. They aren't bad games at all, though.

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:54:56 pm »
If anyone doesn't want their gold reward, I'm willing to trade for/buy your code. I'd like to get both of the Legend of Zelda Oracle games.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »
If anyone doesn't want their gold reward, I'm willing to trade for/buy your code. I'd like to get both of the Legend of Zelda Oracle games.

I made a thread in the Marketplace to do just that with mine. I have a wishlist in there of what I'm looking for in exchange:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6064.msg88868.html#new

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 09:11:51 pm »
Annoying that I still can't get my reward.  Been needing something to play and Animal Crossing would be a nice time waster till Xenoblade.

Nintendo's tagline should be "Website Killer".  First for amiibo's and then for their own websites lol

*EDIT* Took two dozen tries, but finally got Animal Crossing lol
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:43:27 am by kamikazekeeg »

argyle

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 08:51:44 am »
I don't understand why everyone thinks free games are a bad prize. I'd rather have an actual game than some stupid little Yoshi figure or something. My problem is just that I have a lot of them already. They aren't bad games at all, though.

I think it's just that many of us would rather have physical versions of the games, so a free digital copy just feels like something we'll end up replacing at some point anyway. That said, I'm gonna grab Animal Crossing - seems like a good game to have handy in the system all the time.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 10:48:36 am »

I think it's just that many of us would rather have physical versions of the games, so a free digital copy just feels like something we'll end up replacing at some point anyway. That said, I'm gonna grab Animal Crossing - seems like a good game to have handy in the system all the time.

That's pretty much my point.  On one hand, you can say that you are getting the stuff for free, why gripe?  On the other, it's really not free.  You are spending a premium to get the Nintendo-brand games/hardware/accessories that come with these little registration codes.  Doing the online registration, surveys, etc. provides Nintendo with valuable feedback and takes time to complete on your part. 

I look at the list of stuff they offer and to me, it's crap.  You have the digital download games which cost Nintendo nothing.  99.9999% of them are old games they have already made their money on and it costs them nothing to let you download it.  Any money they make on digital title sales is pure profit and double-dipping.  The physical items (at least in this last year since I started visiting and registering) are pretty much a slap in the face.  No calendars, statues, figures or decent collectibles.  The best now is posters with the worst being crap like stickers or Mr. Griller Hand.  That stuff is like the crap prizes you get from cashing in tickets at Chuck E. Cheese.   :o

I get it if someone is happy with the download games, hey great.  I just think that it was a pitiful way for Club Nintendo to ride off into the sunset.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »

Definitely this in addition to the fact that Club Nintendo used to have cooler physical rewards for elite status, rather than some digital download codes. Free things are great, but it's hard not to be disappointed when they used to be better.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

spac316

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 06:11:12 pm »
I redeemed for The Mysterious Murasame Castle. It would've been nice if Nintendo gave away the Gold Mario amiibo for the Platinum gift, but oh well.

Farewell Club Nintendo, Fun while it lasted...