Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 4-1-15  (Read 3062 times)

Nintendo Direct 4-1-15
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:20:12 pm »
A lot of good and fun stuff came out of the Nintendo Direct today.  Nothing crazy as I'm sure they are waiting on E3 for that, but we got dates on a number of things and some stuff people were hoping for.

-Mewtwo is out on the 15th for those who got the special with both games, and then will be out on the 28th for everyone else for 4 bucks per system or 5 bucks for both.  They also announced that Lucas will be the next DLC character in June.

-Next Amiibo waves are announced.  May is gonna be brutal for collectors.  8 smash characters and then three Splatoon ones lol
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-announces-three-more-waves-in-smash-bros-amiibo-line-289866.phtml

-The Yoshi Woolly World amiibo will not be a figure, but a super cute yarn plush that has the amiibo stuff on his butt.  He basically implements the double cherry from 3D World so you have an extra Yoshi with you.  Three different colors for the amiibo.
http://www.destructoid.com/yoshi-s-woolly-world-gets-super-cute-yarn-amiibo-and-uk-release-date-289868.phtml

-Mario Maker is getting bumped down to September, but at least has a date now.

-Splatoon amiibo's will come in a three pack or separate if wanted.  May 29th release for Splatoon.
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-tries-something-new-for-splatoon-amiibo-289870.phtml

-Apparently Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem has been a thing for years, but now it actually has something to show off lol
http://www.destructoid.com/first-look-at-shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-289874.phtml

-Wii U will now have the N64 and DS for the virtual console.  Full control customization.  Super Mario 64 and Yoshi Island DS are supposed to be available now, with Warioware Touched, Mario Kart 7, and Donkey Kong 64 later this month.
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-bringing-ds-n64-virtual-console-to-wii-u-289871.phtml

-The Attack on Titan 3DS game and Fatal Frame on Wii U are getting localized.  So happy for Fatal Frame! Of which that will be out sometime this year, with Attack on Titan in May.

-Free to play Pokemon Rumble World out on April 8.

-The Puzzle & Dragons bundle will be out on May 22nd.

-Amiibo cards are now a thing, and will first be used for a new Animal Crossing game that will be focused on decorating houses for the animal friends.  No date for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer other than fall.
http://www.destructoid.com/animal-crossing-gets-the-first-wave-of-amiibo-cards-289881.phtml

-New Fire Emblem out in 2016.

-Tons of Mario Kart 8 news.  First they moved up the release date of the next DLC to April 23rd! A new free update will add a faster and harder 200cc mode.  And there are costumes that can be worn by Mii's through amiibo support like Sonic, Pac Man, etc.  They also might've hinted at more coming in the future, but not much to look into with that right now.
http://www.destructoid.com/animal-crossing-gets-the-first-wave-of-amiibo-cards-289881.phtml

-More amiibo news, Marth is getting a re-release in May.  Ness is confirmed as a Gamestop exclusive.

abe

Re: Nintendo Direct 4-1-15
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »
So hyped for SMT X Fire Emblem now. ;D Judging by the gameplay parts in the trailer, it kinda looks like there's some Persona mixed in there too. Also, yay for Lucas returning to Smash!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:41:25 pm »
AAAAANNNND my wallet just flew out the window...again.

Also you listed Mario Kart 7 by accident.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:45:40 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:49:39 pm »
I was really hoping for Ice Climbers over Lucas  :'(

indenton

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:35:29 pm »
I'm so relieved to finally see something from Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, all I can say is that it looks great so far. 

But as soon as that Mother 3 music began chiming, I think we all saw what was coming

Oh happy days, Masahiro Sakurai has pulled it off once again.  Welcome back Lucas!  i'm not even a Mother 3 person or mother series at all.  But I'm so glad that he's made a triumphant return to Smash Bros.  Oh and Mewtwo too, Lucas kind of  stole the thunder in my eyes. 

Meanwhile a fighter ballot?!  I'm not sure what I think of that, you can just see all of the absurd suggestion flooding the inbox now.  Goku, Shrek, Reggie, and I don't think Ridley fans will take no for an answer, even if that answer is from Sakurai himself. 

indenton

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 10:49:12 pm »
The Amiibo support for Splatoon seems pretty cool, a mission mode which gives you the chance to get some special equipment. 
The Yoshi's Woolly World support let me down, I don't like this amiibo support which just straight up makes the game easier, just like the amiibo support for Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush does. 

All of these freaking Amiibo... AAARRGGHHHHH!!

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:03 pm »
At least the Yoshi amiibo is a cute yarn toy lol I feel like this kinda opens up ideas for more things that can utilize amiibo features, but don't need to be just little statues.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 11:19:44 pm »
I was almost positive SMTxFE would be this gens The Last Guardian.  To note: The Last Guardian is also this gens The Last Guardian.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

indenton

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 11:40:18 pm »
At least the Yoshi amiibo is a cute yarn toy lol I feel like this kinda opens up ideas for more things that can utilize amiibo features, but don't need to be just little statues.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, it's a very nice idea to have the entire figure covered in yarn.  But Yoshi's woolly world has been slated to incorporate Amiibo support ever since these things were announced, and this is what they came up with?

Who's even buying these things for the in-game support anyway. 

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 03:54:52 am »
Here's hoping the DS version of Chrono Trigger makes the virtual console! :)

argyle

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:51:29 am »
I was *really* hoping we'd get a Xenoblade Chronicles X date out of this. :(

And the Amiibo are going to break me.  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 11:25:13 am »
Nintendo literally doing everything people were asking them to do. Its crazy. Everyone keeps counting them out but theyre doing amazing stuff.

Also paper mario coming out to Wii U. Happy i got that on club nintendo, now I can upgrade for $2!

indenton

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 01:57:47 pm »
Nintendo literally doing everything people were asking them to do. Its crazy. Everyone keeps counting them out but they're doing amazing stuff.

Nintendo are still doing everything in there power to push the Wii U.  It's not gonna be racing past PS4 anytime soon, but they're making the Wii U a console to remember by its game library alone. 

If Sakurai is set on this Smash iteration being his final game, they he has set this all up to go out with a bang!  Of course Sakurai was fibbing this whole time. 

argyle

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 01:59:59 pm »
Nintendo literally doing everything people were asking them to do. Its crazy. Everyone keeps counting them out but they're doing amazing stuff.

Nintendo are still doing everything in there power to push the Wii U.  It's not gonna be racing past PS4 anytime soon, but they're making the Wii U a console to remember by its game library alone. 

If Sakurai is set on this Smash iteration being his final game, they he has set this all up to go out with a bang!  Of course Sakurai was fibbing this whole time.

Much like the PS2/GC was the combo to have in the early 2000's, it looks like the PS4/Wii-U is the combo to have this gen. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

indenton

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:07 pm »

Much like the PS2/GC was the combo to have in the early 2000's, it looks like the PS4/Wii-U is the combo to have this gen. :D

It's almost as if Nintendo have gone into crisis mode, and at that point they can really step up there game.  Yet they still have fresh artillery ready for E3.  Potentially being Star Fox & Xenoblade Chronicles X. 

Maybe even some more Smash announcements, responding to the fighter ballot????  Not sure about that one though, might be too soon.