Author Topic: What to do when you know you'll never play something  (Read 2328 times)

What to do when you know you'll never play something
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:32:56 pm »
Well this happens from time to time I start a game and don't really like it or I buy a game with no real intention of playing it, but this last game I just played is horrible.  Its Brigade E5 on the pc and this game is basically unplayable.  The only problem on top of that?  Id be lucky to get a dollar for it selling it online.  So I'll never play it, can't sell it, so I'll most likely leave it on a shelf and never touch it again, but what do you do when a situation like this comes up.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

Re: What to do when you know you'll never play something
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 11:36:32 pm »
Defenestration usually.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:08:15 am »
Well this happens from time to time I start a game and don't really like it or I buy a game with no real intention of playing it, but this last game I just played is horrible.  Its Brigade E5 on the pc and this game is basically unplayable.  The only problem on top of that?  Id be lucky to get a dollar for it selling it online.  So I'll never play it, can't sell it, so I'll most likely leave it on a shelf and never touch it again, but what do you do when a situation like this comes up.
Don't buy it if you won't play it.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:26:36 am »
Don't buy it if you won't play it.

Madness! Heresy!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:54 am »
I don't usually buy a game if I know I won't play it, unless I'm not playing it to keep in the shrinkwrap.

I guess my question would be why you're buying a game you don't want to play???  :o Steam sales get the best of all of us (  ;) ), but it does sound like that is where your first problem is.  ::)

kashell

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:00 am »
or I buy a game with no real intention of playing it

Leave. Now.

Nah, just playing. ^.~ I play the games I buy, even if they're some of the less polished titles. I may not get to the credits, but I'll at least give everything a fair shot.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 10:30:10 am »
I think it was back when I blindly bought Mega Man X7 at a game store that I vowed to never do it again without reading a review/watching a video of it first.  Of course I didn't follow that vow, I bought several lackluster games on the Wii shop/3DS shop, but I usually just delete those and pretend it never happened.  It's a battle some deal with every day.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 11:24:04 am »
Put it on my shelf so it can sit there and look good. The number of times I've come back to a game I turned down previously is huge. Usually you just have to get into the mindset of the time period.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 12:28:25 pm »
If its really crappy, ill try and get a trade out of it, or off load it for cheap.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 12:34:05 pm »
Defenestration usually.

Thank you. That new word will serve me well. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 12:38:05 pm »
If you can't sell it, try trading it. Usually you can find someone looking to unload something worth about the same, that you might want. If you can't find a taker, then pass it on to someone for free that might appreciate it.

tpugmire

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 03:57:01 pm »
I've never bought anything that I don't intend to play. I've been given a fair amount of turds that I'll probably never try though. In those cases, I check the database and upload any information I can.  From there it gets a thorough cleaning, and goes into the collection. If it's something I actually do not want, I'll try and unload it, but that's pretty rare. Duplicates get traded or sold off.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

gf78

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 11:16:26 am »
There are a few occasions when I will pick up a game with no intention of playing it or any interest in it.  E.T for the Atari 2600, Gundam Crossfire for the PS3 and Superman 64 are a couple of examples.  These games are so bad, you find them for a buck or free.  I think it's kinda funny to have these games. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 01:16:07 pm »
I own some titles because some friends told me that they were good and other ones cause they told me that it will be a shame if they won't be at my collection, clear example are the Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater were I have to admit that only have played the last one the other two are practically new  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pizzasafari

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 02:04:31 pm »
I have the same problem with Twisted Metal: Black Online. It's basically just useless plastic now.

It's still nice to have games like these for the sake of collection though.