Author Topic: Is there a way to view items that you've submitted?  (Read 1287 times)

yancakes

Is there a way to view items that you've submitted?
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:14:10 pm »
I just caught one item that I'd submitted but forgot to actually add to my collection, paranoid that there are more. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

desocietas

Re: Is there a way to view items that you've submitted?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:20:41 pm »
It's a good question! Not that I know of... could this be something that is added to features later, admin folk?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 11:17:52 pm »
Matt may be able to add it eventually in the future, but currently there is no way to view the items you have submitted.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 11:31:17 pm »
One thing I would suggest is to go through your database edits that I just approved to see if there are any games you forgot to add to your collection.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

yancakes

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 01:45:57 am »
Thanks, going through them now.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:48:25 am »
One thing I would suggest is to go through your database edits that I just approved to see if there are any games you forgot to add to your collection.

That...

...OR

You could also try bringing up the page for the game -and- click-on

"History"

on the top of the screen  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

yancakes

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »

That...

...OR

You could also try bringing up the page for the game -and- click-on

"History"

on the top of the screen  8)
Except with no list of the games I submitted, I'd have to one by one compare my collection on here to my collection on my shelf to see which ones I'd forgotten to add, at which point I'd just add the game instead of looking up the history... :P

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 12:17:05 am »
Plug this into Google.

site:vgcollect.com/item/ created "yancakes"

It's not completely accurate, this just searches for listings with "created" and your name on it, but it might also return stuff in your collection.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:19:19 am by foxhack »

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 12:53:51 pm »
Plug this into Google.

It's not completely accurate, this just searches for listings with "created" and your name on it, but it might also return stuff in your collection.

Works pretty well except it includes items you may have editted as well.

yancakes

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 01:33:17 pm »
Plug this into Google.

It's giving me only stuff I've added/edited that's in my collection, oddly. When I first used it it gave me 4 results, but last night I found another game that I'd forgotten to add and I added it. Just used this search now and that game is in it now... but it's still only 5 results and I've added more than that.

Maybe if there was a way on the main page to go back and see more than just the last 5 items added by users? Is there a way to do that?

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 10:51:46 am »
Google does not update instantly. You won't be able to search for something you just added to the site. You'll have to wait a couple days or a week and hope the spiders got there to index the page.

I have a slight interest in my own stats, only because I know I added a lot but don't know how much.