Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24199 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

The two have spoken. It's now may and its time to go out to flea markets and yard sales. Show us what you brought home!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:16:47 pm by tafk »

maximo310

Re: 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:41:28 pm »
I disagree with this. I think there are quite a bit of finds within the span of a month from multiple users that span 15+ pages for each thread. I think a general yearly thread is better suited for best finds of the year, but that's my opinion.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:43:04 pm »
Let's keep with the monthly one.  Yard sales are about to kick off.  You've been here for the slow time.  Shit can get crazy in the summer. 

If you wanna change the subject line, that would be great

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 11:16:33 pm »
The two have spoken. It's now may and its time to go out to flea markets and yard sales. Show us what you brought home!

haloofthesun

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 02:21:04 am »
I picked up Rhythm Heaven on DS at a used game store. When I got home, I realized it's actually the PAL version (which incidentally, is titled Rhythm Paradise). So strange that a European version of a game was there!

yancakes

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 03:59:50 am »
I picked up Rhythm Heaven on DS at a used game store. When I got home, I realized it's actually the PAL version (which incidentally, is titled Rhythm Paradise). So strange that a European version of a game was there!
I got the Oddworld game for the OXBox a while ago for a dollar at a thrift store and it was a PAL... being on the west coast of Canada (Victoria), reeeally not something I expected. You don't look for that stuff haha :D

Anyways, I just picked up Aquanauts Holiday and No One Can Stop Mr Domino for the PS1 from a local used game store. Loving the PS1 for quirky (but affordable) titles.

EDIT: Aaaaaand today I picked up Excitebike 64, Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX (PS1) and Armored Core 2.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:33:54 pm by yancakes »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 04:05:53 pm »
Got Night Trap on the CD 32X
also received my Best of Classic Game Room kickstarter reward which included signed copies of the blu-ray and the rise and fall of the internet's greatest video game review show DVD.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:52:37 pm »
I got the Oddworld game for the OXBox a while ago for a dollar at a thrift store and it was a PAL... being on the west coast of Canada (Victoria), reeeally not something I expected. You don't look for that stuff haha :D

I've actually found quite a few European games down here in SoCal, particularly French language ones - they sometimes get exported to Canada.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »
Built my first Gaming PC yesterday evening. Some specs:

CPU: AMD 8350 FX (4Ghz - 8-cores) w/CoolerMaster V8 heatsink/fan
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA UEFI SLI compatible
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce 970 (4GB GDDR5)
RAM: 8GB Corsair 2166 DDR3
PSU: Thermaltake 850W Gold (Modular)
HDD: 4TB (2 x 2TB) 7200RPM drives

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 10:07:08 pm »
^ Awesome.

theflea

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 08:40:03 am »
Lot of pick ups this week, tons of goodies from garage sales. lets get started.  ;D

First Non Garage sale pick ups.

WiiU
2 more WiiU controllers.
- Samus
- Donkey Kong

PS4
- Omega Quintet - Collector's Edition

VITA
Found these on a clearance rack for $4 each.
- MLB 14 the Show
- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

PS3
Found this brand new on clearance for $7
- Battlefield 4
And this from a local used game store.
- Trinity Universe

NDS
Got this from a used game store for $3
- WarioWare D.I.Y.

SCD
Found this complete at a good price online. It looked so weird I had to get a copy. lol
- Panic!

SNES
A good friend sold me this at a good price.
- Super Mario All-Stars / Super Mario World

G&W
That same friend and I did a trade and I got this.
- Mario Bros. Game & Watch  ;D

Now for the Garage sale finds.  ;)

A crappy Wii clone called Zone 60 for $5.  :P

PS2
A PS2 with all hook ups, 2 controllers and 7 games for $10.
- MVP Baseball 2003
- ESPN College Hoops 2K5
- NBA Live 2003
- NCAA Football 2004
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Also found this game at another sale for $1
- Rayman 3

PSP
Found a bunch of games complete for $2 a piece.
- Ghostbusters
- Up
- Hot Wheels Ultimate Racing
- Ben 10
- Lego Batman

Wii
Found many Wii Games from different sales..
- Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess ($2)
- Monster Hunter Tri ($2)
- Metroid Prime Trilogy - Collector's Edition ($3)  :D
- NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 ($1)
- Monster Jam ($1)
- SimCity Creator ($1)
- Namco Museum Remix ($1)
- Shiren the Wanderer ($2)
- Legend of the Guardians (.50c)
- Hells Kitchen (.50c)

XB
Found a stack of Xbox games for $1 a piece, and got these.
- Ninja Gaiden Black
- Beyond Good and Evil
- Oddworld Strangers Wrath
- Chronicles of Riddick

PS1
- Interact V3 Racing Wheel ($1)
- Medal of Honor ($1)
- Medal of Honor Underground ($1)
- Nuclear Strike ($1)

NDS
Some random NDS games and a nice score.
- Despicable Me ($2)
- Mystery P.I. ($2)
- Super Scribblenauts ($1)
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village ($1)
- My Weight Loss Coach (CIB game sealed $1)
Saw an ad for a big Kid sale expo at a local arena, It was free to get in so I thought Might as well check it out.
I found a book shelf full of games but then saw their prices, $18 for crappy used NDS/Wii kid games? $10+ for used PS2 sport games? yuck!  :-\ then I saw Mario Kart DS, I figured it was going to say $30 or something lol But it was $6 so that was the only game I walked out with lol.

Went to a HUGE community sale with over 90 houses having sales. (this place was so packed it was hell finding a place to park) Most places where picked over for games due to so many people. But I did find a pink DS bag and opened it to find a DSi (black) with charger, car charger and 30 loose games. I asked a young girl there how much? She wasn't sure so she asked her mom, the mom asked how many games was in there, I counted and told her and at this point I was thinking "here it comes, some huge price tag that I'm not going to want to pay" and she replied $12. so ya I bought it all. lol Here's the list of games.
- Lego Star Wars The Complete Collection
- Paws & Claws Pampered Pets
- Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story  :)
- Lego Indiana Jones
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Super Mario 64 DS  :)
- Littlest Pet Shop Beach Friends
- Smart Girls Playhouse
- MySims Kingdom
- Nintendogs: Chihuahua & Friends
- Lego Batman
- Mario Kart DS  :)
- Petz Nursery 2
- Kirby Superstar Ultra  :)
- Super Princess Peach  :)
- Pac'n Roll
- Lego Battles
- Moshi Monsters Moshing Zoo
- Petz Catz 2
- Petz Dogz 2
- Style Savvy
- Zhu Zhu Pets 2
- Squinkies 2
- Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepants
- Littlest Petshop 3 Purple Team
- Overlord Minions
- Littlest Petshop Winter
- The Cheetah Girls: Passport to Stardom
- Madagascar 2
- My Horse & Me Riding for Gold
I'm guessing a Little Girl used to own these games. lol

GEN
Asked a lady about games and she brought out this.
- Jeopardy Sports Edition ($1)

GB
An Original Nintendo Gameboy for $2.

NES
A NES Game Genie with a book that looks so water logged it will never open again for $1 lol

Stopped at a church sale and saw a loose Zoomer controller for the NES on a table for $3. As I was looking around a saw the box to it in the books section, they used the box to put books in it, so I removed the books and got it with it's box.  :D
Now if I can figure out how to remove "Mikes Books" that some wrote on the top of it.  :P

And last my best garage sale find of the week. I stopped at a sale and it was one of those with a little old lady and 2 tables in her yard. I asked about video games and she said she had a Nintendo but she didn't want to sell it. I asked about games she might not play but she said she only had two Mario games and she didn't want to sell them. I was about to leave when I heard her say "I bought it a long time ago at a garage sale brand new in the box" I asked Would you sell the box? And she said ya, it's just taking up space in her basement. I was expecting a classic action set box but she brought out a Power Set Box. She said there was still some stuff inside she didn't use. I didn't even look inside and asked how much would she want and she said $10 okay? So ya I bought it. lol
I look inside later and see it had the Power Pad with inner box, all Styrofoam, Manuals for everything, Poster, Zapper, a Controller and 2 CIB games.  :o
- Tecmo Bowl
- RBI Baseball 2

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:45:44 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 11:06:01 am »
Wolfenstein 3D SNES:

8)

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 01:41:51 pm »
I went to a monthly Flea Market at the fairgrounds and picked up a copy of metal gear solid 3 on PS2, Dangerous Hunts 2, Jet Li's Rise to Honor, a few atari 2600 games I didn't have, for a dollar each, a Karnov Tiger Handheld, some pokemon toys and a few other odds and ends. Not the best haul video game wise but a fun hunt! also garage sales got rained out, plus I had to work in the morning :(

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 02:00:10 pm »
Got Night Trap on the CD 32X
also received my Best of Classic Game Room kickstarter reward which included signed copies of the blu-ray and the rise and fall of the internet's greatest video game review show DVD.

Was the Night Trap pickup based on my suggestion on last weeks show? 32x and 3DO were the best versions.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Theflea> great pickups! I expect no less! Especially the nes box for $10 and Metriod Prime Trilogy for $3!

Was Beyond Good and Evil for the Xbox complete? Would you be willing to part with it? I've been looking for that one for quite some time.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:07:03 pm by dashv »

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 02:27:05 pm »
Some slim pickings over a long-touted "100-mile garage sale."  It's a series of towns over the Minnesota and Wisconsin borders that do garage sales over the same weekend.  It varies greatly in what can be found there.

This year: 

Dante's Inferno
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
All for the PSP, $1 a piece.

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X (RE 5th Anniversary Edition) version. (PS2)
Chakan with case and manual (Genesis)
Congo Bongo with manual (2600)
Tapper with manual (2600)

These were from a dealer who'd set up a shop in a parking lot during the weekend.