Author Topic: Wii U games that will become harder to find in the future.  (Read 1375 times)

slipknotsam

I am aware that  Pikmin 3 and Super Luigi U are less and less seen, but I wanted to know if you guys have other games in mind.

Have I nice one! :)
Now Playing:
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Catherine (PS3) - Working towards the platinum.
Ni No Kuni (PS3)

Speedrunning:
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)

Re: Wii U games that will become harder to find in the future.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:45:28 pm »
It is way too early to tell, but I expect the Wii U's library to be fairly small by the time its successor comes out, very similar to the N64 and Dreamcast. If I end up being right, some of the later release games (mostly ones that have not come out or been announced yet) will be the harder to find ones, especially third party stuff.

At the moment though, I can't think of any genuinely hard to find Wii U titles. Even Pikmin 3 is relatively easy to find.

theflea

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:45 pm »
I'm still working on getting all the obscure Wii games let alone Wii U. There's a lot of speculation on what Wii U titles might go rare, but it's really to early. Pretty much ANY Nintendo made game is a safe bet it will hold some value and be in demand in the future. You really cant go wrong there for the most part. 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 08:42:45 pm »
Considering how low sales are for the Wii U, AND that it's Nintendo, I think it's a safe bet that a number of Wii U games will go up in value. I read that Wii U hasn't even broken Dreamcast sales numbers, yet.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »
All of them.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »
Hopefully I can pick up a Wii U and the games I want before that happens....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 09:49:28 pm »
Wii sports club is continuing to go up in price I've seen people selling it for $10 or $15 more than its release price. Also this one is just a hunch but I feel like watch dogs is going to be one of the more uncommon Wii u games. The game bombed on the system and most people don't even know the game got a Wii u port so I kind of want it just in case it ends up being worth something later

stealthrush

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »
Exclusives, for any console in general.