Author Topic: Worst Game(s) You've Ever Played?  (Read 3079 times)

docsarcastic

Worst Game(s) You've Ever Played?
« on: May 26, 2015, 05:34:32 am »
I've been playing through a lot of Xbox 360 and Xbox One games these past few weeks to buff up my Gamerscore, it's going pretty well but what I've noticed is that I've played a lot of drivel, so that got me to thinking, what's the worst game or games that you've ever had to play? Some that spring to mind for me:

- Conflict Denied Ops (Xbox 360)
A shooter that tries to be ARMA, Call of Duty, Call of Juarez, Spec Ops the Line and a third person shooter all at the same time, needless to say the result is a sloppy mess of a game that can barely be played.

- D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (Xbox One)
A confusingly weird mess of a game that was put onto Games with Gold for a good reason, with unnecessary features all over the place and some of the most bloody monotonous missions I've ever played, such as making sure a carpet has no creases on it, I wish I was joking.

- Daikatana (Steam)
John Romero is my bitch now.

- Damnation (Steam)
One of the buggiest and blandest games I've ever played in my entire life, really awful with a fedora wielding main protagonist.

- Destiny (Xbox 360)
Bring on the hate, this game was bland, had a shoddy story and the only notably nice thing about the game was Peter Dinklage's performance, it's just another sub par MMO-esq game that fell into the pile of tat that'll get eaten up by World of Warcraft, along with The Elder Scrolls Online, Neverwinter (Which is actually pretty good) and Warframe.

- Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
343's first attempt at an original Halo game was, not a good one, chin up though lads, there's always Halo 5 to cock up later.

- Jumper: Griffin's Story (Xbox 360)
I was given this game for free, I see why I was given this game for free. Easy gamerscore at least...

- Peter Jacksons King Kong (Xbox 360)
I wouldn't have had a problem with this game if it had actually stuck to the source material. It did not, I don't remember the movie featuring any flying bats or burning of bushes every five seconds.

- The Raven, Legacy of a Master Thief (Xbox 360)
Poor voice acting, poor gameplay, poor controls, a poor game overall.

- Summer Athletics 2009 (Xbox 360)
Mash the A Button for 5G. It's like the half hour triathlon on GTA V, but for six hours without the fun and more repetitive strain injuries.

- Truck Racer (Steam)
*choking noises of anger*

- Truth or Lies (Xbox 360)
A barely functional THQ party game that uses the microphones that people use when playing Lips.

- Watch_Dogs (Xbox 360)
A very underwhelming game, was too hyped up for it's own good.

- World of Leaders (Steam)
Game has been out a good few months, less than 100,000 people have bought it, how do I know? The discount is still on until more than 100,000 people buy their game. A Koala was President, with Blackadder and Bernard Black running for presidency.

- WWE 2K15 (Xbox One)
I have such respect for 2K Games, they've brought us a lot of great games, including Borderlands and XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within, WWE 2K15 is a wrestling game without the wrestling, instead it has a number of minigames that is the "wrestling". This problem is not on the Xbox 360 version however.

So, there you go, list your worst games below so I feel accomplished!
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

kashell

Re: Worst Game(s) You've Ever Played?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:15:10 am »
I've played some real stinkers in my life, but here are a few that come to mind:

Spectral Force 3 for the 360

Red Ninja: End of Honor for the Xbox

Dimentium: The Ward for the DS

Nanobreaker for the PS2

Those are the only ones off the top of my head. All of them were awful.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:17 am »
I only played a little bit of watch dog at a friends house, but i gotta agree, the driving is terrible.

Hawks - I suffered through that game and sold it quickly. Pissed me off haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:50 am »
Here's some of my worst ones:
Underwater Attack- Terrible DS shooter where the stylus is heavily used and makes it hard to see. Heavily unbalanced.

Billy the Wizard- Terrible Wii games with unresponsive wii mote controls.

Earth Joker U.N Defense Force(Arcade)- One of the worst shmups ever, stages are bland, and you're ship is underpowered. Soundtrack sucks.

DBZ: Legacy of Goku(GBA)- Overhead action game where Goku dies in 3-5 hits, regardless of where you are in the games. Spaming Solar Flare is the only way to win.

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure(DS)- Move the stylus up and down to finish the tasks at hand. Game is very boring, even for young kids, and has terrible level design.

Balls of Fury- Another terrible Wii game with unreponsive controls and really annoying catchphrases that keep getting repeated.

Sonic 06 ( xbox 360 version)- This game had potential, but it all gets thrown down the drain with terrible hub worlds, level design choices, gameplay mechanics, and terrible plot, and lackluster character movement, among all of the other problems present.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »
Revolution X (SNES PC Saturn PS1 Genesis)
Acclaim really pumped out a ton of shit. Their library is so disproportionate it has got to be something like every 4 games they published only one of them was good or decent. However this is definitely among their worst.

Trigger Man (PS2)
This is one of the very few games I actually just threw in the garbage.

Strawberry Shortcake Musical Match-ups (Atari 2600)
You just match the character head torso and legs to match one of four Strawberry Shortcake characters and a melody plays that's it. I always find it funny when people say that E.T. is the worst game for the system when there's crap like this that doesn't even have anything resembling actual game play.

Spawn The Eternal (PS1)
Everything about this game is just incredibly abysmal. I bought it back when it was brandy new and even till this day just looking at it pisses me off.

Spec Ops Stealth Patrol (PS1)
One of those $10 dollar budget games that Take Two Interactive shat out alongside Martian Gothic, Darkstone and Grudge Warrior. It's been a long time since I played it what I remember most about it was being shot by enemies clear across the map through solid physical objects such as walls trucks and even through the actual terrain itself.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:43:19 pm by thecrypticodor »

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 02:20:54 pm »
- D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (Xbox One)
A confusingly weird mess of a game that was put onto Games with Gold for a good reason, with unnecessary features all over the place and some of the most bloody monotonous missions I've ever played, such as making sure a carpet has no creases on it, I wish I was joking.

I look forward to buying it on Steam.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »
Wow. Most of the games mentioned here aren't like "worst game ever" material. They're just mediocre. I'd call a game like Conan on NES, Superman on N64, or 99% of LJN games terrible.

kashell

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »
Wow. Most of the games mentioned here aren't like "worst game ever" material. They're just mediocre. I'd call a game like Conan on NES, Superman on N64, or 99% of LJN games terrible.

Well! XD

You have to realize that not everyone has played those games you mentioned. docsarcastic asked us what we thought were some of the worst games we have ever played. If you think they're "just mediocre", then holler back. He was just asking for our thoughts and opinions.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 03:25:35 pm »

That's what I was thinking. There are a lot of games that I didn't like for one reason or another and I could go into detail about why that is (Have you asked me about Shadow of the Colossus? :) ). But when I think *worst* game I've played, I'm thinking about the ones that are broken and pretty much unplayable - Superman 64 is a very good example.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 03:32:37 pm »
Can't say I've played a ton of truly awful games.  Disappointing ones sure, Destiny and Watchdogs would fit that description...

- Superman 64 - Played this one back originally on the N64 before it was a notorious failure only known on the internet. 

- Sonic 06 - I've always thought Sonic has basically been shit when they put him in these real world settings alongside humans and all that (Humans were barely a thing in the comics up till I stopped reading), and so you put all that into an obviously unfinished game and you have a serious pile of crap.

I'll think of more later.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 04:08:42 pm »
That's what I was thinking. There are a lot of games that I didn't like for one reason or another and I could go into detail about why that is (Have you asked me about Shadow of the Colossus? :) ). But when I think *worst* game I've played, I'm thinking about the ones that are broken and pretty much unplayable - Superman 64 is a very good example.

Did I misread the assignment? XD

Of course, I consider myself lucky that I never had a "chance" to play Superman 64, Hydlide, E.T., etc.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »
Oh ya, I have ET for atari. haha, horrible game!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

stealthrush

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 05:00:32 pm »
Blast Chamber for Sega Saturn.

Very disappointing game! I remember seeing a giant advertisement for Blast Chamber in one of my video game magazines and it featured a 4-player mutliplayer mode with revolving rooms, and explosives which sounded awesome! So I went ahead and bought via COD Robo Pit (which was awesome) and Blast Chamber. The gameplay was soo slow and every time the stage revolved the game froze, the graphics were also very grainy and hard on the eyes. Overall not what I've expected!

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 05:21:06 pm »
Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2): I hate this game with a passion and find nearly nothing about it enjoyable

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »
Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2): I hate this game with a passion and find nearly nothing about it enjoyable

I need to find out if I actually liked this one or not.  I re-bought it not long ago cause I remembered really liking it when it came out, but I don't have a CRT to play it anymore.  It'll probably be another one of those games I find wasn't as good as I thought it was lol