Author Topic: Question about Xbox game cases.  (Read 2413 times)

Hayabusa1021

Question about Xbox game cases.
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »
I recently purchased a new, unopened, and original black label version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic after buying a used copy that kept freezing in exactly the same spot. As a video game collector, I was happy until I noticed something strange about the case. The artwork and everything else is there but the game case itself has a translucent green color rather than the solid green color the used one has. Most people probably wouldn't worry about this or even notice it, but it bothers me. Can anyone explain what the story is with these game cases?

They are both the original black label versions. Also, can anyone please tell me if one color is worth more than the other? I know I could switch the cases but the used case has a hole in it so I won't do that. 

davifus

Re: Question about Xbox game cases.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 05:57:36 pm »
Where was the copy purchased from?

My guess is that the game case was swapped out because of case condition and was resealed.

I dont think the color has much price difference. Its really up to the collector's preference.

Xbox original

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Hayabusa1021

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »

My guess is that the game case was swapped out because of case condition and was resealed.

I dont think the color has much price difference. Its really up to the collector's preference.

Xbox original

The game was purchased from Amazon.

Interestingly, I bought some other unopened Xbox games with translucent green cases from the same seller.

There was also some adhesive sticker under the shrink wrap and a very small adhesive sticker on the inside of the cases, both of which read "security device enclosed." I have no idea what these are exactly, what their purpose is, and what they mean.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:08:19 pm »

Xbox original

The game was purchased from Amazon.

Interestingly, I bought some other unopened Xbox games with translucent green cases from the same seller.

There was also some adhesive sticker under the shrink wrap and a very small adhesive sticker on the inside of the cases, both of which read "security device enclosed." I have no idea what these are exactly, what their purpose is, and what they mean.

It's was a way to prevent theft from store. It would set an alarm off if it wasn't deactivated before going through the sensors.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)